You can type here any text you want

Fuel/Vacuum brake & line parts questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwall

The frame is almost ready! Its time to get replacement lines for my GN rebuild. The old lines are kinked and gnarely. We have a complete vacuum brake set up from an 83 Regal Sport Coupe so we have the pedal, booster etc. My questions:

1. The fuel lines at Outaline Tubes show two 3/8" feeds and two 1/4" return lines - I believe the original is only one return line - what gives?
  2. Various vendors have the standard (PMaster) brake lines (& stainless) 7 pcs. I assume I should use this set even tho' I am going to Vac brakes - correct?
  3. The old proportioning valves are not brass and look terrible so ...... is this the correct replacement valve on fleabay? Would it have the right fitting sizes etc.?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-Disc-Drum-Combination-Proportioning-Valve-Street-Rod_W0QQitemZ260491987468QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca6884a0c

Any help out there would be appreciated before I put more on the credit card? Thanks in advance.
Bob

Bob, yes you have three lines in the fuel system, the two that end at the front crossmember are the feed and return and the one that runs all the way to the front of the frame is the vent. I'm not sure why you would have two feeds and two returns though. You shouldnt.

The brake lines are the same for Vacuum and PowerMaster. Before you spend money on a new porportioning valve, just see how well you can clean it up. These rarely ever go bad so why waste the money?

Yea I thought so.

Bob, yes you have three lines in the fuel system, the two that end at the front crossmember are the feed and return and the one that runs all the way to the front of the frame is the vent. I'm not sure why you would have two feeds and two returns though. You shouldnt.

The brake lines are the same for Vacuum and PowerMaster. Before you spend money on a new porportioning valve, just see how well you can clean it up. These rarely ever go bad so why waste the money?

Thanks for the response Jeremy. I have lots of dumb questions these days it seems. Anyway .... Hope you are all well these days. Holloween for the young guy this year?

As to the 3 lines the rep at In line said the first kit is really three lines - maybe the second kit is the two flex lines running to and from the fuel rail/regulator - I will check tomorrow.

I thought the brake lines work for both - I checked the on two Two T's but wanted to make sure. Yea thats a good idea I can just wait and clean the old one, especially cause I am thinking of a line lock and that could go in at the same time right? Mostly I am trying to get all the parts together for rear, frame, front brakes etc. Then comes the tub and steering stuff I guess.

One thing at a time she'd say.:rolleyes: Thats the way it is.

Thanks & Later.
Bob

VERY interesting.....

Here is some interesting historical data regarding aftermarket fuel lines.

Hopefully they have addressed the issue or you can.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...uel-lines-compared-oem-gm-vs-aftermarket.html

THANK YOU. I thought the rep was giving me the bum's rush.
  1. Definitely looks like I want to make sure these are 100% OEM style.
  2. I am not sure I can ($) go SS tho' - heck I may never put enough miles on to rust it out or even drive/get caught in the rain but a few times .... and it will be over 95% stored indoors!
  3. Last anybody - do I need the vapor line for the charcoal canister?
Bob

Back