You can type here any text you want

Fun With The Rental Car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

metal-box

This past weekend my wife and I went to the Brickyard 400 in Indiana. We rented a '02 Pontiac Sunfire to use for the trip.

We were going back to the hotel from dinner when we got stuck at a light next to a 1st gen Eclipse turbo. When the light turned green I mashed to pedal to get the kid's attention. I heard the turbo spool up and he pulled away as I let the throttle up. I knew he knew we were trying to race him.

We then got stuck at the next light, I was next to him again. I said to my wife, "Oh, it's on now riceboy!"

When the light turned green I mashed it and he did too. LOL. I heard his turbo spooling as he madly rowed through the gears. The funny thing is, he got us by about a car length but couldn't pull away from us any further!

I was cracking up and so was my wife. His car was loud, but I think the only mods he had were the a-pillar guages and exhaust. He should have smoked us. The Eclipse was probably sick or he wasn't really giving me all he had. It sure sounded like it though.

The best part was when my wife said, 'We should have turned off the air-conditioning.' LOL

Heh heh... ;)

yea it musta been REALLY sick.. I had a 1st gen Laser turbo turbo 5 speed and the car ran a 14.3@98 *STOCK* and almost a second quicker with minimal mods.. I bought it new so it was in top shape..

Nice! Some friends and I used to go out to Phoenix every year for Super Chevy Sunday and do bad things to our rental cars. LOL!

Always get the insurance. I had an Intrepid rental airborne for about 30 feet off some rail road tracks in florida.

And you guys are probably the one's that complain becasue the rates are too high.. lol

Joel

Originally posted by mygrain
Always get the insurance. I had an Intrepid rental airborne for about 30 feet off some rail road tracks in florida.

Bwaahahahaaha! Like the General Lee! :D

Boy howdy! Makes me glad I got CARFAX and didn't buy an ex-rental car when I bought my "new" used car! The Air Force always rents me a Daewoo Lanos when I travel. It's no fun to thrash them. You can't tell the difference between part throttle and full throttle....
Keith

i used to work for a rent a car company. we totaled a 01 blazer. (damn week oil pan) i destroyed a transfercase in a tracker (4 low nutral drop) :D blew a tranny in a intrigue and much much more.

I worked for Avis in the late 80's. We drag raced the cars. Sad part is the Dodge Spirit Turbo was the fastest car they had.

I also recall getting a late 80's lesabre airborne a few times while on vacation in Mass. I didn't break that car, but dad did by running over a curb!

Back