You can type here any text you want

FYI: New Moates Adapter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Joel_E

Just thought I would let the Buick crowd know that Craig Moates has a few new adapters for use in our cars.

There is a new setup for the 29C256 conversion which permanently mounts in your ECM by desoldering your old socket and soldering in the new one. The new chip holder even has a jumper so you can run either 29c256 or a 2732a.

I just installed this setup with the remote EX switcher and it works great.

There is also a 2732a to 29c256 without a switch for those people who are tired of trying to erase the 2732a.

I can't find any info on this. I know he used to have an adapter, then he discontinued it. Is this something brand new? I don't see anything on his site.
Regards,
Eric

Hmm...wonder if he'd take my old one that never did work back on trade for one of the newer versions or something?
Not sure what I'd do with it since I bought the Caspers unit though.

Et tu, Brute?

Originally posted by Dan K
Hmm...wonder if he'd take my old one that never did work back on trade for one of the newer versions or something?
Not sure what I'd do with it since I bought the Caspers unit though.

He says that 95% of the time the old one worked, but I have not heard of anyone having success on a 148 ecm.

He should take it back and credit you. He has others, and offered to for me but I'm stubborn and was going to try and figure out why it didn't work.

Tom

Re: Et tu, Brute?

Originally posted by tminer
but I'm stubborn and was going to try and figure out why it didn't work.

Tom

hahaha....that's exactly what I did! :)

Sorry for the late response... been on vacation.

Yes, it is brand new and not on the website. I had the same issue that Dan K and others had with the original adapter. It would always set a bad eprom code and not work properly. I tried everything and Craig helped in every way. Eventually, I sent him my ECM and original adapter back and he came up with the new version. It is better in my opinion but you have to be able to desolder/solder and not be scared to take your ECM apart. He said he could do this too but it is about an hours work per ECM. So he could sell just the parts or parts & labor. He is a good guy to work with.

Back