You can type here any text you want

G-Body widened GNX wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tommynos

worldwide flooring sales
Just got my set in and installed and they fit and look great...Im not sure about the front I think I need a 225/50/16 to give it the same look as the rear as far as how the tire rolls up the wheel...

I also had to remove the clear coat from my front wheels(airplane stripper) and then sand out the factory lines,220-320-1000-1200-1500 grit and then hi speed polish...What a pain but well worth it..

Here are some pics of the wheels out of the box,then installed and then of the front prior to clear coat removal and then after the final polish..

out of the box..
GNXwheels002.jpg

GNXwheels001.jpg

Before pic
GNXwheels003.jpg

After pic

GNXwheels013.jpg

Before
GNXwheels009.jpg

After
GNXwheels011.jpg

A few of the front wheels I re-did to match the ones from Brian..

Before
GNXwheels019.jpg

After
GNXwheels021.jpg

Before
GNXwheels018.jpg

After
GNXwheels020.jpg

Unwashed tires and car

GNXwheels017.jpg

Car looks great with those widend. I am more impressed with how much better those wheels look with the rings shined up. How long did it take you to do those fronts? How difficult is it? thanks!

is your dog wearing a shirt? what the hell? lol
It says "Killer"

Wow! What did those set you back?
$750 I think..
Car looks great with those widend. I am more impressed with how much better those wheels look with the rings shined up. How long did it take you to do those fronts? How difficult is it? thanks!

It took about 2 hours per wheel,steady fast working and with the passenger one done and now knowing what works..

First I used blue tape to protect the black mesh part,next I used airplane stripper and soaked it good...

After like 15 minutes I used a plastic scrapper to remove the clear coat,then sprayed carb cleaner and wiped it clean..

Then I used a electric DA sander from harbor frieght with 220 on it to remove the factory cut lines in the wheels,this all worked best with the frontwheels off the ground so you can spin it....Then I went to 320 grit and the DA,then I only had hand style 1000 grit so I did the wheel with the 1000 grit,then 1200 grit,then 1500 grit,then I have those white polishing things that go on the drill and used that with mothers to do hi speed,then ran over them with a fast hand rub polish.....You can polish the wheel from 320 but it will have a haze,you have to step up somewhat to be able to cut the sand lines from the grit prior,the finer the grit before the polish the closer to chrome it will look..

O.K maybe 3 hours per wheel:biggrin:

Very nice!,what size tires are running on the back? I looked through and didnt see it? Did you send your wheels to have them done or did you buy new from Gbody?

Very nice!,what size tires are running on the back? I looked through and didnt see it? Did you send your wheels to have them done or did you buy new from Gbody?

Thanks..The rears are ET streets 255/50/16/26 inches tall...I bought new and sent in the cores in after..I think once I step down on the front tires and go with a different tread pattern and clean them all up it will then look really good...

Fantastic Job! Its nice when you can bust your a** on something for a couple hours and immediately see when a nice job you did. Congrats!

Looks like they did it properly vs. just cutting and welding another piece on like I have seen in the past.:rolleyes: They look excellent and safe. You get what you pay for.

Here's picture of the ones I had made by Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel. They're 16"x10"s with a rear spacing of 4.25". The picture on the right shows the difference with a standard 16"x8" GTA "front" wheel...I eventually ended up trading them to "tonys87" who put them on his GNX clone...Looks great!

Claude.:wink:

Looks like they did it properly vs. just cutting and welding another piece on like I have seen in the past.:rolleyes: They look excellent and safe. You get what you pay for.

This all started over getting my drag radials put on a couple years ago,Tire kindom thought they were reverse mount and flipped them over and put deep groves in the wheel and screwed them up...Then after those set of tires wore I bought another set and went to a different shop to have them put on and the bent the lip and cracked it:mad:

So I ordered these from Brian,it took 3 months to get them but he helped me in many ways and it was worth the wait...These wheels and tires were installed at a shop that S/S motorsports told me about,they did a mount without even touching the lip or rim at all,they speed balanced them and said the wheel was extremely well made and spun perfect...

Damn, those look nice. Slap some tire shine on the rubber.

:biggrin:

I did even better than that...Spent the day wetsanding and doing a 2 step buff and then waxing it...I had to make the car match the new rims:biggrin:

Grandnational008.jpg

Grandnational011.jpg

Grandnational003.jpg

Back