You can type here any text you want

G-Body widened GNX wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
excellent work...car looks awesome...can't wait til I can spend a day cleaning mine up..."big" snowstorm predicted for tomorrow am....gonna be another month or so

Let me understand you paid $750.00 to have the wheels widened? Plus the cost of the new ones correct? So what does that make the final come out to? 750+400?

Let me understand you paid $750.00 to have the wheels widened? Plus the cost of the new ones correct? So what does that make the final come out to? 750+400?

Here is the link,its $350 per wheel if you have a set to send him,and then another $150,I think,per wheel for a core...So it cost me $750 with shipping,but I have to sent him my other gnx style wheels back as a core...If you dont have any wheels its going to cost you $1000 plus shipping for the rears...He dont care the shape of the rim as all he wants is the center..

GBodyParts.com Online

Today I added the Sumitomo HTR+ 225/50/16 on the front and these fit aLOT nicer than the 245/50/16 as they dont overhang the rim and roll up the side like the rears and the stance looks nicer along with the tread is pretty close to match the ET streets....Plus they ride very nice!

Grandnational022.jpg

Grandnational023.jpg

Here is the link,its $350 per wheel if you have a set to send him,and then another $150,I think,per wheel for a core...So it cost me $750 with shipping,but I have to sent him my other gnx style wheels back as a core...If you dont have any wheels its going to cost you $1000 plus shipping for the rears...He dont care the shape of the rim as all he wants is the center..

GBodyParts.com Online

Jim Lyons at TruDesign wheel is the guy/shop that ACTUALLY does the work. brian and gbodyparts is just the middleman.

See post #14 in this thread. If you are looking to have this done for yourself, I would suggest cutting out the middleman and contacting Jim directly.

Jim Lyons at TruDesign wheel is the guy/shop that ACTUALLY does the work. brian and gbodyparts is just the middleman.

See post #14 in this thread. If you are looking to have this done for yourself, I would suggest cutting out the middleman and contacting Jim directly.

Sometimes jumping fences dont help you out...Here is the original post by toofastforyou from post#14...And as you can see he spent $720 + shipping,I paid $700 + shipping and Brian even let me wait on shipping the cores to him so I was riding untill the day they came in:wink: Plus I supported a great vendor from the board...When you buy in bulk or do alot of business with one person they give discounts so a middle man can make a few bucks and still sell it for the same price or even cheaper than you can buy it dirrect..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...tyle-wheels.html?highlight=widened+GNX+wheels

Here is his quote from the post..
"Second, I had them done by Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel . Cost was $720 + shipping..."

I know why the hell would you want to support a Buick vendor?:rolleyes:
Prices are exactly the same. We have plenty of cores & do not need yours first. We know all of you & have been dealing with you for years. Trusting Tom to send his cores back when he was ready & not bill him for them ahead of the time? What the hell...:wink:

Should have gone to Jim Directly.

When you speak to Jim & go directly ask him who has ever shipped him the most GN wheels at once? That may not be a suprise to who it is but the amount may.
We have been dealing with Jim since 1998.

Claude, Jim must have paid you to take his wheels. I never seen some one hop in threads with our name mentioned about wheels on it as much as you have.

Tom you may want to shoot some clear or have the fronts coated with clear powder coat to keep them looking that way. Looks Great & you did a great job on the cars paint as well. Your efforts really paid off.
Tom I do apologize about the amount of time but it wouldn't have been any faster then coming from TDW.

Sometimes jumping fences dont help you out...Here is the original post by toofastforyou from post#14...And as you can see he spent $720 + shipping,I paid $700 + shipping and Brian even let me wait on shipping the cores to him so I was riding untill the day they came in:wink: Plus I supported a great vendor from the board...When you buy in bulk or do alot of business with one person they give discounts so a middle man can make a few bucks and still sell it for the same price or even cheaper than you can buy it dirrect..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...tyle-wheels.html?highlight=widened+GNX+wheels

Here is his quote from the post..
"Second, I had them done by Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel . Cost was $720 + shipping..."

Thanks Tom Took me over an hour longer then you to respond trying to type the reply & answer customers calls.
You can see from my post you took the words out of my mouth.:biggrin:

Brian(Gbody) whats the biggest tire that will fit on these wheels without modifying the lip. I mean a Drag Radial of course or any sticky race type tires. What are some of your customers running? I have 255/50-16's on my 16x8's and I dont see spending a bunch of money for a wider rim to run the same size tire.

By the way Tommy your car looks sweet.

Claude, Jim must have paid you to take his wheels. I never seen some one hop in threads with our name mentioned about wheels on it as much as you have.

Brian it seems my posts about TDW have upset you...That was not my intention...Jim did not pay me for nothing, I paid...
I posted this info to help other fellow Buick owners, NOT with the intention to cause you prejudice. I apologize if I did and it's too bad you took it that way :rolleyes:
Also, note that I was NOT the one who said a few posts later "I would suggest cutting out the middle man"...That didn't come from me. :( In fact, on some other occasions, I did refer members to you looking for other GN parts...

Claude.

P.S: Makes you wonder...you try to help others and this is what you get for a reply...:rolleyes:

Brian(Gbody) whats the biggest tire that will fit on these wheels without modifying the lip. I mean a Drag Radial of course or any sticky race type tires. What are some of your customers running? I have 255/50-16's on my 16x8's and I dont see spending a bunch of money for a wider rim to run the same size tire.

Well just the fact of having a rim the fills the wheel well better was enough for me and it now has a stance and is noticably wider than the front as they were done on a GTA...
As far as tire size,on his site the one guy states he has 295/50/16 on the car with no rubbing or spacers with the wider 16x10 wheels...I have heard that you "may" possibly need to trim your wheel well molding when useing the 295/50/16(depends on car and shocks and so on) but you could also run the 275/50/16 easily from what ive read...

Brian it seems my posts about TDW have upset you...That was not my intention...Jim did not pay me for nothing, I paid...
I posted this info to help other fellow Buick owners, NOT with the intention to cause you prejudice. I apologize if I did and it's too bad you took it that way :rolleyes:
Also, note that I was NOT the one who said a few posts later "I would suggest cutting out the middle man"...That didn't come from me. :( In fact, on some other occasions, I did refer members to you looking for other GN parts...

Claude.

P.S: Makes you wonder...you try to help others and this is what you get for a reply...:rolleyes:

Claude how is referring people to TDW & directing them away from me where they pay more is helping another person? Not to mention a paying vendor, a company that donates to shows & races , builds parts for Buicks,Posts on here helping others,etc etc etc... ???

I never really had a problem with you until this post. Tom was stating how his wheels turned out & what he did. Tom was showing how to do the front wheels & bring them back like new.

Tom knows we're getting TDW to build these. He was supporting a vendor. How taking away from his post & pushing TDW were you helping people again? Never had a problem with you & would like to nip this in the But. We have been dealing with each other since 2001?

Just asking a question here. Now if some one posts hey where can I get my GN wheels done have at it. I have never had a problem with Jim after 12 years & don't think I will.

I know who posted cut out the middle man.

295/50/16 will fit on a car with a good after market sway bar,shocks & springs. The reason I state this is that if you don't have this launching & hard cornering will cause damage on the passenger side lip & tire.
I have a set on my Gold T but we had to do those mods to prevent rubbing.
It may work with a stock suspension but I haven't tried it.

Claude.

If it is the same price, or close, I would support a Buick Vendor everytime. Not to mention somebody that contributes a lot more to our community than just the rims....... but hundreds and hundreds of other parts as well. Just amkes sense.

Back on Topic, Wheels look KICK ASSS!

Today I added the Sumitomo HTR+ 225/50/16 on the front and these fit aLOT nicer than the 245/50/16 as they dont overhang the rim and roll up the side like the rears and the stance looks nicer along with the tread is pretty close to match the ET streets....Plus they ride very nice!

Grandnational022.jpg

Grandnational023.jpg

Job well done! Those look fantastic and your sanding paid off. Now you have just motivated me to get out in the garage and start sanding and polishing mine.;)

Job well done! Those look fantastic and your sanding paid off. Now you have just motivated me to get out in the garage and start sanding and polishing mine.;)

Post some before and after pics when you get it done...its really not that bad if you stay busy and do it in steps...If you dont have a factory finish(lines in the rim that you can feel with your finger nail) then your way ahead of the game,just some 1500 grit wetsanding and a polish and your good....I like the polish look as it looks like chrome,once the clear is on it,you cant fix nicks and such as easy...But with clear you dont have to polish them every few months and NEVER use any cleaner harsher than simple green or it goes whitish quick..

For the people with clear on the rims you can wetsand the clear with 1500 grit and polish them out with compound just like a paint job and your rims will look like new again...

Claude how is referring people to TDW & directing them away from me where they pay more is helping another person? Not to mention a paying vendor, a company that donates to shows & races , builds parts for Buicks,Posts on here helping others,etc etc etc... ???

I never really had a problem with you until this post. Tom was stating how his wheels turned out & what he did. Tom was showing how to do the front wheels & bring them back like new.

Tom knows we're getting TDW to build these. He was supporting a vendor. How taking away from his post & pushing TDW were you helping people again? Never had a problem with you & would like to nip this in the But. We have been dealing with each other since 2001?

Just asking a question here. Now if some one posts hey where can I get my GN wheels done have at it. I have never had a problem with Jim after 12 years & don't think I will.

I know who posted cut out the middle man.

Brian, I "pm"ed you...

Claude. :redface:

Post some before and after pics when you get it done...its really not that bad if you stay busy and do it in steps...If you dont have a factory finish(lines in the rim that you can feel with your finger nail) then your way ahead of the game,just some 1500 grit wetsanding and a polish and your good....I like the polish look as it looks like chrome,once the clear is on it,you cant fix nicks and such as easy...But with clear you dont have to polish them every few months and NEVER use any cleaner harsher than simple green or it goes whitish quick..

For the people with clear on the rims you can wetsand the clear with 1500 grit and polish them out with compound just like a paint job and your rims will look like new again...

Will do. Mine are the dimpled GTA rims and they have never had the shine that I would like them to have due to the factory clear coat. I tried once but did not put enough time and elbow grease into the project. BTW - is your black mesh powder coated or painted? If powder coated, did you powder coat before polishing the rim?

Back