You can type here any text you want

Garage Squad Episode on GN this August

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Antbankstwo3

Anyone seen this show or episode on them reviving a GN after 9yrs of sitting? If only it were this easy, but maybe...? Gotta love TV tho.

Do you think they really knew how to work on these cars? Your thoughts?

Didn't have a clue. They looked at rear and it had a posi so it was aftermarket but missed the ATR bar.

Anyone seen this show or episode on them reviving a GN after 9yrs of sitting? If only it were this easy, but maybe...? Gotta love TV tho.

Do you think they really knew how to work on these cars? Your thoughts?

95% of people don't have a clue about these cars.. Sad part thats Including Buick owners

Wow, a lot of misinformation even in the first few minutes with the history of "muscle cars"..."Back in the 80's small cubic-inch and turbo was not a very popular idea, we were still in that big cubic-inch big horsepower thing". He's about 10 years off; big cubes & power died a sorry death in the early 70's. Throughout the mid- to late 70's and 80's, the state of muscle cars was totally sad. Chrysler 440's went from 375 hp in the 60's down to barely 200 by 1973. You could still get big cube motors in cars, but they were gas-guzzling, smog-crippled slugs. The GN's competition in the late 80's wasn't other cars from the 80's, as it was pretty much the only bright light on the entire horizon in '86/'87. Corvettes were tepid, Camaros were lame, and only 5.0 Mustangs--done up to the nuts--had a chance.

Was still cool to see one of our cars being worked on on TV .
I still enjoyed it.
20160515_093001.jpg

i just watched it.. very basic analysis and enough repairs to get it back on the road. they didnt get into details .. what turbo , converter etc.. they just mentioned and were surprised about it having a double pumper , larger down pipe and non stock converter to begin with . alot of questions left unanswered in regards to the shop he left it at and apparently screwed it up more.. did that shop rebuild the motor? if the owner bothered to get on this site and read read read ask the pros on this site he would have been able to fix it himself but then again this is a TV production so who knows if this was all just a made up story lol.. i do wonder if the show covered all of the costs if this story is at least true

Wow, a lot of misinformation even in the first few minutes with the history of "muscle cars"..."Back in the 80's small cubic-inch and turbo was not a very popular idea, we were still in that big cubic-inch big horsepower thing". He's about 10 years off; big cubes & power died a sorry death in the early 70's. Throughout the mid- to late 70's and 80's, the state of muscle cars was totally sad. Chrysler 440's went from 375 hp in the 60's down to barely 200 by 1973. You could still get big cube motors in cars, but they were gas-guzzling, smog-crippled slugs. The GN's competition in the late 80's wasn't other cars from the 80's, as it was pretty much the only bright light on the entire horizon in '86/'87. Corvettes were tepid, Camaros were lame, and only 5.0 Mustangs--done up to the nuts--had a chance.

First let me start out by saying .. everyone that knows me knows I have been big on Turbo's since the 1980 Turbo Trans Am came out ..
but as far as what cars OWNED the roads in the 80's .. sorry my memory is a bit different .. Small blocks on Spray OWNED the street race scene...
Sure back in 86-87 there were 5.0's that were 11 second cars .. by 88 there were bolt on GN's running bottom 11's .. in 89 it took nothing to get a TTA in the 11's
by 91 Turbo Mustangs were hi 10 second cars regularly. Then there were the big block muscle cars.. but more kills went to high displacement sprayed small blocks than anything else.

The thing the GN's had on EVERYONE is that you never knew just how fast a GN was... and that's what creates the same anxiety today when you line up next to a GN.
It takes nothing to get a GN in the 11's ... even 10's is pretty simple .. but any Small block on a 200 shot will give you 10 second power.
We made more money street racing a 340 challenger with a 175 shot , and a 85 mustang on a 250 shot than a 10.50 GN we had.

The Vettes, Iroc's, GTA's were just appetizers .. kinda like the ricers today.

First let me start out by saying .. everyone that knows me knows I have been big on Turbo's since the 1980 Turbo Trans Am came out ..
but as far as what cars OWNED the roads in the 80's .. sorry my memory is a bit different .. Small blocks on Spray OWNED the street race scene...
Sure back in 86-87 there were 5.0's that were 11 second cars .. by 88 there were bolt on GN's running bottom 11's .. in 89 it took nothing to get a TTA in the 11's
by 91 Turbo Mustangs were hi 10 second cars regularly. Then there were the big block muscle cars.. but more kills went to high displacement sprayed small blocks than anything else.

The thing the GN's had on EVERYONE is that you never knew just how fast a GN was... and that's what creates the same anxiety today when you line up next to a GN.
It takes nothing to get a GN in the 11's ... even 10's is pretty simple .. but any Small block on a 200 shot will give you 10 second power.
We made more money street racing a 340 challenger with a 175 shot , and a 85 mustang on a 250 shot than a 10.50 GN we had.

The Vettes, Iroc's, GTA's were just appetizers .. kinda like the ricers today.
Around here the fastest street car was a GN on spray, ass raped many big block cars on spray. Every stang I ever raced with NOS and street tires got killed in the 1/8 and couldn't quite catch me in 1/4. This was before drag radials, loved my M&H muscle car tires. Every dummy here gears for 1/8th lol, 4.56 ftw

The first three minutes of watching made me want to throw up. Turned it off. Big blocks, oh the GN didn't become somewhat popular until the 2000's what a bunch of dumb shits. And yes the snow tire's, give me a break

The first three minutes of watching made me want to throw up. Turned it off. Big blocks, oh the GN didn't become somewhat popular until the 2000's what a bunch of dumb shits. And yes the snow tire's, give me a break

Yea , popular until 2009 when it was in Fast and Furious with a Big Block :)

I almost did too, but I ended up watching the rest. Some of the stuff they were saying I was like :eek:

Back