You can type here any text you want

Gas gauge sender, HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paul Lengyel

Gas gauge sender has decided to work part time. Seems as though it wants to read full 95% of the time. Is there anyway to repair the sender? If not, is there some place where I can send the sender to be repaired? I have a digital dash in my 1986 GN and the sender even at a discount from delco costs almost $200.00. Anywhere else I can get one cheaper? Please let me know.

Thanks, Paul

I think GM is using the same unit for the analog & digital dashes now Paul. If so, then I've got new GM hanger/sending units in the box for just $139. Email me if I can help. Thanks.

Mine recently has done the same....does it have anything to do with changing out the fuel pump I have done that recently...

I just changed mine and was told bt ATR that the unit for anolog is differant from digital...

HTH

MIke

Thanks Just a Six, Mighty Six, Michael McCoy. Mike I will check with GM Dealer. I always thought they were different but I don't know what the difference is. If I can use the anolog unit them I am sure we can get together. For the other member who changed the pump, I did not change my pump. The thing just started acting strange after I layed the car up for about six months. Prior to that it worked good. I guess its just getting even with me for not using it like I should have.

Paul

Back