You can type here any text you want

gas leak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gas leak

• gas tank

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wish I had a tank to help you out with. Just checked with another local guy selling off some of his Buick parts but he doesn't have a tank. I do live up in Central Oahu though. Hopefully we'll run into each other one day.

Raja that 626gn. Last week I saw the ad on Craigslist but I was working. Text him and he said no more. Any suggestions on who I can go to. Gotta do what I have to do. Can't let it go like that. Drove it around the neighborhood and dam ride is awesome. Let me know and thanks for your help. BTW my name is gene.

Can't think of anyone else local who might have a tank at the moment. It's a long shot but you might try posting in the Hawaii section to see if anyone local has a good tank...

I do have a low mileage Walbro GSS294M 255lph fuel pump laying around somewhere though if you need it. But you really don't want to be skimping on your fuel system. I'd much rather see a new hotwired Deatschwerks pump (or similar) go in your new tank when you get it.

Scott

It's ok. I'm going to a shop and get a estimates for change everything. Better safe than sorry. Thanks boss for your help

If looking for a good shop I'd recommend Makiki Auto Repair. As you know no such thing as a Turbo Buick specialty shop on the island but they are as good as you're going to find here and are at least familiar with these particular cars. Tell them Scott sent you. They'll take good care of you and your car.

Is that by the 76 on beratania st. I know one guy who will help but don't know when he's avaliable. So I want to get it done asap. Thanks again . I'll swing by tomorrow

My '87 GN was leaking in the very same spot as yours appears to be in your posted picture. Mine was cracked at the base of the filler neck. We dropped the almost completely empty tank, cleaned the area well with a small wire brush and covered the cracked area with some"JB weld" ( 2 part epoxy?) . I'm not a a fan of repairs with "band-aids" like this, but it has remained completely leak free.

I'd do that too if I could change the tank myself. It's been a while. I just hope I don't spend over 1000.00 on all parts and labor. I have yet to drive it over 20 miles on a day. Thank you for the reply brother johnnie

Looks like this is the problem

Attachments

• 20160505_013535.jpg
    20160505_013535.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
I thought that was where mine was leaking from too, as the fuel pump had a history of been replaced. However, when we dropped the tank, the top of the tank was bone dry with no evidence of a leak. It wasn't until further close examination of the tank's wet areas that the filler neck had a small crack.

Is that by the 76 on beratania st. I know one guy who will help but don't know when he's avaliable. So I want to get it done asap. Thanks again . I'll swing by tomorrow
Yup, that's the one. Ask for Colin.

Its,ok. I found a place in kakaako. He is supposed to be really good with Gm cars. I have a feeling it'll be 1000,00.

So anyone have any idea how much with labor I'm gonna pay. I say 700.00. I'm changing everything as well. Drove my toy today with the leak but felt like a young kid again. Loving my car

So anyone have any idea how much with labor I'm gonna pay. I say 700.00. I'm changing everything as well. Drove my toy today with the leak but felt like a young kid again. Loving my car
Gene, found this on amazon with free shipping to Hawaii. Can't beat dat my brotha. http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premi...1-1&keywords=Spectra+Premium+GM307C+Fuel+Tank

In doing the research I came across tanks that came with the filler neck and without. RockAuto for example sells just the filler neck. Got me thinking IF your leak is in fact coming from the filler neck or, more likely, a cracked solder joint around the filler neck, maybe it can be repaired? Found a thread on the other Turbo Buick forum where guys have done just that. Personally, given the relatively cheap price for the new tank I'd just order one from Amazon and be done with it but as an option you might try asking a radiator shop to see what they think.

Hard to say how much it'll cost without quantifying what "changing everything" means and what parts you're going with. For example, if you go with the slick new pump/hangar assembly that arizonagn sells (which would be my choice if I had the extra cash) then most of your $700 will be gone in parts alone not including the tank. Lol.

Thank you for your help my friend. Next job after that will be replacing rubber around the windows.

Back