You can type here any text you want

Gateway Racer Fun Day 8/31

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SHADOW

Huge member
Gateway's having the fun day again this sunday. Gates open at 8:30, racing starts at 9 and goes til 5. $25 to race.

i might be there. i want to try out my new tires:D what all do they do for fun day? anything or do they just charge you an extra $5

ill be there. hopefully running a 12. i need to find a welder first to sppot weld my downpipe.

I was just checking to see if anyone posted about this. I remember going to one of these a couple years back. No pressure of having to rush back into staging lanes to get a decent amount of runs like on the regular T&T days (although they have improved them a bit with seperate street tire/slick tire days, it used to be REEEAL bad). Fun day was pretty cool, I spent half my time in the pits taking my time making adjustments (and let the car cool down), talking to other TR guys, or watching a few races from the stands, and still got in a bunch of runs. Worth the extra 5-10 bucks in my opinion.

Hopefully the weather will hold up, and its not too hot/humid.

hey 6sense where in stl you at? what chip do you like best for the 37# delphis? i got the same injectors, im using a jl chip.

Originally posted by quickbrick
hey 6sense where in stl you at? what chip do you like best for the 37# delphis? i got the same injectors, im using a jl chip.
Hi quikbrick. Im in U.City. Chips Ive used with the 37#Delphis are a 36#Thrasher street, a 36#Casper's Ultrachip (thumbwheel), and a 37#JL street.
I havent spent enough time tuning with the Thrasher, so I cant really comment too much. Ran smooth, but didnt excite me on performance (though like I said I never tuned with it). Thumbwheel is pretty good. Ive actually been planning on using it a bit more to up the timing, see what happens.
Gotta say, I tend to use the JL the most. Ive had more success with it, so I guess I will have to say its my favorite.

my brother lives in maplewood i stay there occasionally, not too far from u city. my car idled alot better when i was using the 30# injectors and the thrasher chip. but it pulls harder with the pte chip. let me know how the casper chip works out? is there any side affects to using chips made for 36# injectors?

is there any side affects to using chips made for 36# injectors?
Actually these injectors were sold to me as 36# from Poston. Ive had them since '97-'98 but didnt find out exactly what they were until a year or two after, when I was just curious. I got the #s off of one of them and they told me exactly what they were. Apparently there isnt that much diff between 36s and 37s. Come to think of it, the first chip I used to get my car going was also a 36# chip, that Dan Smith let me use. I think it was basically a Red Armstrong chip. Ive never been able to tell any difference, or notice any adverse problems, from using 36# chips with the 37# injectors.
If you have any issues at all with your chip, you should give Joe Lubrandt a call. Im sure he will help you out. My experience with him has been good. Great customer service. Plus dont forget, these Buicks always seem to have a bit of a funky idle anyway. I dont know if Ive ever seen one with a perfect smooth idle, not all the time anyway (unless theyre cheating and the chips got the idle rpm bumped up). Mine at 700~rpm idles perfectly smooth sometimes.......thats sometimes (old crazy even-fire engine with odd-fire bore spacing :rolleyes: ). The Thrasher chips run the car open loop @ idle, that has something to do with the smoother idle, I think.

I think i might go out there and just run on pump gas and street chip. Unless i get some race gas today, but at $10 a gallon for 120 octane get to be expensive when you put 8 gallons in there. Then i can try out my new chip from Eric Marshall at TurboTweak. The new chip i have idles awesome and seems to run very good with it. I did some testing with it on some back roads and my car flys with it. I don't know just haven't made my mind up yet street trim or race trim for tomorrow.

zam70- Do you know anything about a cruise or car show at Steak n' Shake in Springfield on Friday Sept. 5th? I'm pretty sure that is the date. I've got a friend in Chatham that wants me to come up for the night. If it's gonna be good, I'll bring my car up. If it's just a regular Friday night cruise I'll just drive up with the family. Surely, you are not the only TR in Springfield! Maybe there will be a few there.

Yep. this Friday - it's the kick off for the "Valco Cruise for Charity". It's a HUGE 3 day event that's been going on for 15 years. Definitly not a typical friday night...

Usually Friday night is pretty big, They moved it this year because they ran out of room at the old location...the show on Saturday is also very large (thousand+ cars) and the all city cruise Saturday night after the show is very active as well (typically better than Friday)

I'm far from the only TR in Springfield, most people rarely drive theirs though (this weekend being one of the few times they are seen out)
Come on up!

Look me up - Dk grey regal w/telstars and black leather interior.

Hope to see ya there

Couldn't make it up there. I did however tell my buddy to take pictures of any and all TRs at the show. So if some guy takes a bunch of pictures of your car, don't be alarmed. He's harmless. I told him what to look for from the pictures on your homepage. I've been thinking about doing my interior in leather or synthetic. How do you like it? It looks great from the pictures.

Back