gaugge pod

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I started off with a dual gauge pillar but didn't like the off the shelf, same as everyone look. I decided I'd just build my own and use up the dead space I have on the windshield where my inspection and registration stickers are. So off to Home Depot for some PVC pipe to house the gauges.

I realized the gauges would need to be press fit in, so I cut the openings out of the pillar I had
IMG_0327.jpg

That left me with the materials I needed to build my pods
IMG_0328.jpg

I used some plastic epoxy to join the gauge opening to the inside of the PVC and then joined the PVC joint and cap together
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Once it was all cured, I used some 80 grit to smooth out the joint where the 2 pieces of PVC came together. Once that was smooth I used a chop saw to cut the ends on an angle to make an "eye brow" above the gauge. I then used a belt sander to bevel the hard edge around the opening. (If I had it to do over I wouldn't have cut the pods, I think they would have turned out better with the gauges just recessed into the pod)
IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

With the assembly process done now it's on to texture and paint/dye. I decided to try some bed liner sprayed from a couple feet away and then knocked it down with some 150 grit, turned out great I think.
IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

Now it was on to the paint/dye. The SEM Graphite is an exact match to my interior.
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Next I prepped the pods and epoxied them to my speaker grille. They sit forward enough that they are infront of the actual speaker.
IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Installed
IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

For all the materials I have about $50 in this project, $40 of that was for the paint and texture.

Not bad looks nice, I had a tbss and sold it to buy my gn. I had a 2wd so where the 4x4 selector was i put in an afr gauge and I took out the rear wiper swtich and put my trans temp in there

Not bad looks nice, I had a tbss and sold it to buy my gn. I had a 2wd so where the 4x4 selector was i put in an afr gauge and I took out the rear wiper swtich and put my trans temp in there

I have embrassed a few tbss in this truck... Thats not saying much though, but when I would blow the doors off a shelby they get pissed...

Nice work. Had to admit I was questioning it in the first few pics but it really turned out awesome! Very nice, especially how it is one of a kind.

I, too, was skeptical after seeing the first two pics and then reading "home depot".

"ghetto" came to mind.

But wow. These came out great!