Gear Drive with stock Cover question

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Has anyone tried to fit a Gear Drive with the stock Cover. Will it clear the Oil Pump Shaft is my question. Modify the cover is not an issue..
Thanks

Has anyone tried to fit a Gear Drive with the stock Cover. Will it clear the Oil Pump Shaft is my question. Modify the cover is not an issue..
Thanks

Yes, it will clear the shaft and if your careful you could weld a thin tube spacer and still utilize the inner cover bolt.
In my opinion it’s almost impossible to weld without distorting the pump shaft features and the pump gear pocket. You will find yourself sending a reamer through the shaft bore to true it up and probably resurfacing the pump cover face. The gear tip to pocket clearance will also most likely grow after welding. Went through this on mine years ago.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some pics
F7118A58-8F78-49F0-BF99-2C4868B7BE4E.jpeg
2CBAC913-84FA-4D06-A2EE-6805584C87BD.jpeg
8E07BBCD-AC78-4BF4-9327-2100D7EE9295.jpeg
C52EA9CD-08FC-492E-A7F5-2D44BD1DB6A6.jpeg

That is good enough for me guys. Thanks for all the help.. Alan your always there with answers!!

That is good enough for me guys. Thanks for all the help.. Alan your always there with answers!!

Also, one more thing. If you do decide to modify a cover and it’s going on a Stage block, make sure you weld up the lower drivers side corner area so that it provides a sealing surface to mate against the block or you will have a leak.
AG

Also, one more thing. If you do decide to modify a cover and it’s going on a Stage block, make sure you weld up the lower drivers side corner area so that it provides a sealing surface to mate against the block or you will have a leak.
AG

WILL DO

AG

With the ones that’s currently on my stage motor I ended up just filling it with JB weld and smoothing it out after it dried which worked out pretty well