You can type here any text you want

Gears for 10.50's.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You mean the 7.5" rear with 4.56's that the previous owner put in my car werent good? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

I'm serious. Thats what he put in the car. Along with something like a 3800 stall converter. Ported heads, cam, stock intake, full stock exhaust, stock MAF and intake tubing, leaking injectors (inside and out), bad vacuum leaks, stock IC, TE-44, about 4 cracked and shorting spark plugs, bad plug wires, bad master cylinder, stock fuel pump with no hotwire, no scan tool, no fuel pressure gauge, bad O2 sensor, cracked header, leaking crossover, blown header collector gasket, extrude honed exhaust elbow with a worn out wastegate puck bushing, a steering wheel that locked into position with no warning.......it was a real kick ass combo. Bet he was running 8's in the 1/16 mile!

Yea, our tuning guy was telling me I would peak out before the end of the track with the 400 and a 28" with stock gear... i was looking at 3.23 or maybe one set less than than ... 3.08?

Phil

PhilM said:
Yea, our tuning guy was telling me I would peak out before the end of the track with the 400 and a 28" with stock gear... i was looking at 3.23 or maybe one set less than than ... 3.08?

Phil

Phil,

What kind of MPH and RPM are you looking for???

John Wilde said:
Phil,

What kind of MPH and RPM are you looking for???

140's and no more than 6500rpm shift. I think we're going to shoot for 62/6300 shifts but idk how these irons heads are going to do with power range...

Phil

PhilM said:
140's and no more than 6500rpm shift. I think we're going to shoot for 62/6300 shifts but idk how these irons heads are going to do with power range...

Phil

Phil,

With the way I crunch the numbers the 3.42 might do it and the 3.23 will.
How much slip do you expect out of your converter?
I was using 7% for my numbers.

Race Jace said:
but i went from 26" tall tire to 28, to 30 and then to 3.23 gear with those 30" tall tires and picked up every time. ????

weird eh?

Jason have you ever figured the slip % on your converter?
When running the numbers based on your MPH it seems a little off
considering your gear and tire selection.... :confused:
What do you go through the traps att???? like 5500RPM???

The car needs to be geared to where your are at the RPM you want to be at the end of the track. You can get there many ways. Guys with a powerglide do it with 2 gears. They are on the converter longer thus multipling torque. Prostock cars are using 5 speeds but they don't have converters so they use lower gears to do it. I'm somewhere in the middle. I run a 5disc converter so I can lock it up. For those that say lower gears won't work look at my sigature. My 2004R has lasted 3 seasons of TSM racing without any problems. My motors should be that reliable.

Steve Sullivan's TSM car runs 28" tires, Art Carr 9" N/LU, 200-4R, 3.42's, and he uses OD to run high 9's-low10's @ 133mph. I can't remember what he shifts at or what his trap rpm is.

K.

Are you sure he's using OD? My brother is running 10.20s at 133 mph (still working on the launch) and he's crossing the line at less than 6000 rpm in 3rd with 28" tires and 3.42 gears.

BLACK6PACK said:
Are you sure he's using OD? My brother is running 10.20s at 133 mph (still working on the launch) and he's crossing the line at less than 6000 rpm in 3rd with 28" tires and 3.42 gears.

Yes, positive he was using OD. I think he was slightly over 6k rpm in 3rd gear through the traps, and wanted it below that. That's why he went to using OD.

I'll tell him about the post.

K.

Back