You can type here any text you want

Gen 2 PLX wideband 02

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Frank718

Buick t type
Hello to everyone and Happy New Year; can anyone help me with the problem I’m having. I have the Gen 2 and the PLX wide band 02, my question is the purple wire that comes from the Gen 2; does it go to the wide band ground on the left side next to the WB output, or does it go to the ground wire that powers the WB up. I'm a little confused and my wideband numbers are jumping around. Thanks in advance.

Hello to everyone and Happy New Year; can anyone help me with the problem I’m having. I have the Gen 2 and the PLX wide band 02, my question is the purple wire that comes from the Gen 2; does it go to the wide band ground on the left side next to the WB output, or does it go to the ground wire that powers the WB up. I'm a little confused and my wideband numbers are jumping around. Thanks in advance.

It goes to the wideband ground next to the WB output. NOT the power wire ground.

It goes to the wideband ground next to the WB output. NOT the power wire ground.

Okay, because the problem I’m having is the numbers on the scan master for wideband are moving all around, and I currently have it wired to the ground next to the wideband output. I also, have the Pl setup, but I’m still trying to figure out how to save data. I also, have the gen 2, however, before I installed the wideband and the Pl the car was running pretty good, but now I feel like I'm probably have to adjust everything back to normal and start over again. One other thing is the Extender Extreme G chip, what’s the best adjustment for chip to work integral with my setup. My setup is 6152 turbo, 60lb injector’s 3200 3400 convertor, 210, 205 cam, gen 2, with alky. Also, have all the other things necessary for the car. Thanks for your help.

How much is it jumping? It's normal for AFR's to be a little jumpy but if you have a pre sensor exhaust leak it will be much worse. Specially at idle.

How much is it jumping? It's normal for AFR's to be a little jumpy but if you have a pre sensor exhaust leak it will be much worse. Specially at idle.
At startup it would be at 11. and when getting warm it shoots to about 17 and just moves up and down. How do I adjust the wideband on the gen 2.Thanks

The wideband is giving you a afr reading. You adjust fuel with the gen2 to get afr's close to your target. In your case it sounds like you need to add fuel. 17.0 means your running lean. Add some fuel to your mainscale. Try adding 5.

Do you know about open and closed loop?

The wideband is giving you a afr reading. You adjust fuel with the gen2 to get afr's close to your target. In your case it sounds like you need to add fuel. 17.0 means your running lean. Add some fuel to your mainscale. Try adding 5.

Do you know about open and closed loop?

I set it to open loop at all times on the chip, before after warmup the car had a rough idle, now it seems to have good throttle responce.

So....... you put a value of 4 in parameter 12?

In a nutshell, you need to add fuel. Afr's in the 17's are too lean. I would add a little to the mainscale for starters.

Then go to the tune low page. Add fuel to 800-1200 ranges while watching idle afr's. The Buick's idle nice between 13.5 and 14.0. It may take adding 10 or more. Don't be shy. ;)

What maf are you running?

So....... you put a value of 4 in parameter 12?

In a nutshell, you need to add fuel. Afr's in the 17's are too lean. I would add a little to the mainscale for starters.

Then go to the tune low page. Add fuel to 800-1200 ranges while watching afr's. The Buick's idle nice between 13.5 and 14.0. It may take adding 10 or more. Don't be shy. ;)

What maf are you running?
The value on parameter 12 is sent at 8, and I have the Ls1 maf

The gen2 does not do tracking for idle and cruise. Setting the ecm to full time open loop will mean no fuel correction.

As long as your stock o2 is in good working order I would set 12 to 4 (open loop idle) and let the ecm do it's job when normal driving.

The gen2 does not do tracking for idle and cruise. Setting the ecm to full time open loop will mean no fuel correction.

As long as your stock o2 is in good working order I would set 12 to 4 (open loop idle) and let the ecm do it's job when normal driving.
Thanks for your help TurboBuRick, i'll set to 4 and adjust the mainscale and low load to add more fuel. I still have a few things on the gen 2 that when researching on the board i'm a little confused. For one the tps on the gen 2, what should that be set at and what other adjustments should I make.Thanks for your help.

No problem, glad to help.

Tps setting for afr tracking I would set to like 3.00

Set afr tracking target to 10.8 in all rpm ranges if you running alky.

No problem, glad to help.

Tps setting for afr tracking I would set to like 3.00

Set afr tracking target to 10.8 in all rpm ranges if you running alky.

Okay, set all settings the way you stated, now, the car runs great, however, i'm having troubles saving data with the PL. I get some data saved, but the gauge screen doesn't show me data from wot,or say boost at wot, can you give me a little advice on this situation.Thanks

Glad to here it's running better. How much fuel did you have to add with the g2?

The boost signal for the pl comes from the map sensor. Did you run a wire from the map to the I/O card? Maybe thats the problem? The ecm does not read the map sensor so we have to input it to the pl via the I/O. Same thing for the wideband. What else are you not seeing?

Can you post a log so we can take lookie see? :biggrin:

Glad to here it's running better. How much fuel did you have to add with the g2?

The boost signal for the pl comes from the map sensor. Did you run a wire from the map to the I/O card? Maybe thats the problem? The ecm does not read the map sensor so we have to input it to the pl via the I/O. Same thing for the wideband. What else are you not seeing?

Can you post a log so we can take lookie see? :biggrin:
Hey TurboBuRick, the car is running good, and I had to add say 5% on the main scale about 10 percent on lowload 800 rpms and the same for 1200. I'm still trying to figure out how to save data.I had saved something but I don't know if its helpful. What I have saved seams like it wasn't at wot. I'm going to try and figure out how to post it.

Looks lean in boost. Right here you hit 20 psi. AFR's should be in the high 10 low 11 area. Specially running alky. You have to press the gas peddal harder when boosting. Remember we set your tracking tps to 3.00.

plscreenshot.png

What chip are you running?

Looks lean in boost. Right here you hit 20 psi. AFR's should be in the high 10 low 11 area. Specially running alky. You have to press the gas peddal harder when boosting. Remember we set your tracking tps to 3.00.

plscreenshot.png

What chip are you running?

I running the Extender Extreme G chip.

Add 10 across the board in the high tune. Need to get wot afr's down around 11.

Try and do some 3rd gear wot recordings with the pl. Get it up to around 45mph and lay into it. Just do short blasts. Don't wind it out till we make sure your getting enough fuel. Try not to let it downshift. We want just 3rd gear pulls. Make sure the gas pedal goes down to the floor. No light foot'n. ;)

HTH

Add 10 across the board in the high tune. Need to get wot afr's down around 11.

Try and do some 3rd gear wot recordings with the pl. Get it up to around 45mph and lay into it. Just do short blasts. Don't wind it out till we make sure your getting enough fuel. Try not to let it downshift. We want just 3rd gear pulls. Make sure the gas pedal goes down to the floor. No light foot'n. ;)

HTH
Ok, next good day I will try it, Thanks

Back