You can type here any text you want

Gen 7 Timing...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ski_dwn_it

Got a question for you all.

Have been running the Gen7 now for about 1 year. Got the car pretty well dialed in, but many of the guys I race with at the track are going to MSD digital 7 boxes, the one that you can retard timing at various stages throughout the run.

For instance, on the launch you can pull 8* to keep your car from spinning, then on each gear change subsequent changes can be made.

DO not be confused when I say retard, with their box you set a max timing say 40*, then if you want 36* through the run you retard 4* for an example.

So if you want only 28* off the line you pull 12* from 800rpm - 4500rpm, then ramp back in the timing to full.

Question is, can any of this be done with our gen7 units? I do not think there is anything to differentiate gears in the program.........

I would imagine this would have been pretty easy for them to do - and not sure why its not included.....

ski_dwn_it said:
Got a question for you all.

Have been running the Gen7 now for about 1 year. Got the car pretty well dialed in, but many of the guys I race with at the track are going to MSD digital 7 boxes, the one that you can retard timing at various stages throughout the run.

For instance, on the launch you can pull 8* to keep your car from spinning, then on each gear change subsequent changes can be made.

DO not be confused when I say retard, with their box you set a max timing say 40*, then if you want 36* through the run you retard 4* for an example.

So if you want only 28* off the line you pull 12* from 800rpm - 4500rpm, then ramp back in the timing to full.

Question is, can any of this be done with our gen7 units? I do not think there is anything to differentiate gears in the program.........

I would imagine this would have been pretty easy for them to do - and not sure why its not included.....

You can do it with the NOS stages and a microswitch on the shifter.

As mentioned, there are three nitrous inputs that can accomplish your goal with switch inputs from the shifter. You will be switching to a new timing map for each nitrous stage. The functionality is there and has been for quite some time, but it simply hasn't been labeled according to this function. The nitrous inputs and associated tuning features can be used for a variety of things, and this is one of them. You can also switch to a different air/fuel map for each gear if you wish! There are also delay timers for each stage, as well as shutdown timers to deactivate the stage. Fueling changes can be made by either switching to a separate 16x16 target a/f table or by using a 2D table that will trim the fueling (positive or negative) as a function of RPM and fuel mass.

The nitrous controls on the Gen 7 are way cool.

Back