You can type here any text you want

Gen 7 tuning question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo90gt

Hello and thanks for having this forum. I would like to introduce myself and my car first. My name is Ken and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I have a 1990 mustang gt (I know it is not a Buick but figured someone might be able to help) with a 351w and a 70mm turbo. I am running a gen 7 with version 4.0 calmap and a 3 bar map sensor. I am also using their dual sync distributor so I can run sequential. Anwyas, I can get my car to idle fine, but it smells extremely rich. When I rev the motor, it backfires out the exhaust pretty badly. I have an lc-1 wideband but don't know how to hook it up with the gen 7. That is my first question. Secondly, I don't know how to lower the richness and get it to quit backfireing. I know this is a very vague post but if anyone could help me with these two issues I would be much indebted. Would love to talk to someone over the phone about these issues if anyone is willing to help. Thanks in advance and let me know what you know.

Regards,
Ken

You need to hook the innovate sensor signal to pin B of the DFI HEGO connector, and the sensor signal return wire to pin A of the DFI HEGO connector. You can pick up power and ground from the place; pin D is switched ignition and C is ground. Press CTRL-F1 in the CalMap software and check out the HEGO connector on the main wire harness drawing for details. Select "Generic 0-5 Linear" as your Oxygen sensor type, and program your sensor such that 0.0 volts = 10.0:1 Air:fuel and 5.0 volts = 20.0:1.

Once you get the O2 sensor working, verify that your VE table is accurate. Pick a safe target air:fuel ratio and dial in your VE numbers in the chosen RPM/MAP region until you observe that same air:fuel ratio on your wideband. Then changing the target air:fuel ratio table will accurately adjust your operating target air:fuel ratio (for the regions of the VE table that you have dialed in).

Thanks for the info guys. I did go to the innovate web site's support forum but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Everything seems to be geared around the lm-1 and not the lc-1. I did see where it was said that two are wired up identicaly but I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks again for all the help and I will let you know what happens. I think I am going to break down and just take the car in and get it tuned by someone else. I can't believe they want 550 to 800 just to tune the car when it already has the gen 7 and a wideband and a laptop. Does that price sound reasonable. Anyways, thanks again.

Regards,
Ken

turbo90gt said:
....................................................... I can't believe they want 550 to 800 just to tune the car when it already has the gen 7 and a wideband and a laptop. Does that price sound reasonable. Anyways, thanks again.

Regards,
Ken

Wow!!..............Guess some of us have been to reasonable :confused:

Joe

I guess free advice is great deal then. Alot of these pro tuners don't tune for cold start and part throttle, just wide open runs. So make sure you make them do everything, for that price!

Back