You can type here any text you want

General stolen vehicle question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

olds443

So, of all the stolen GN's and G-body's who here has had theirs recovered? How long was it gone?
I talked to my insurance who said as long as I don't sign the title over then I am still the legal owner if it's found. I am afraid to sign anything over to them and then they find it and don't notify me.
If anyone did cash out before the car was found, do they notify you if they find it?

So, of all the stolen GN's and G-body's who here has had theirs recovered? How long was it gone?
I talked to my insurance who said as long as I don't sign the title over then I am still the legal owner if it's found. I am afraid to sign anything over to them and then they find it and don't notify me.
If anyone did cash out before the car was found, do they notify you if they find it?

My first was stolen outside of a Ralph's shopping center in 97 with in 5minutes. It was found 4days later stripped in the middle of an intersection on the frame rails in Compton. Nothing left just the frame, and carcass no doors, suspension etc. "nothing", the only thing left was the front windshield with the Vin# Laser cut out of the glass. They had to pull the carcass "body" off the frame to read the ID on the pass side frame rail. :frown: Insurance "21st." paid 16k with all my old build up receipts 4 months later. I found a GN with 40k on it for $13k it had a Lincoln Continental body kit with spoke regal hub caps pushed on the GN chrome wheels with the spare tire on the trunk with a spoke hub cap on it as well. LOL! :D Old lady owned it. I payed $13k then pulled of all the crap then put 3k into the paint, and body.

Talk to Sytech in the South West Section! I believe he had something happen with his a while back. Insurance I believe totaled it for something minor. He received a check for the car then bought it back for nothing.

same story here, my car was torn completely apart, nothing left but the chassis(?) i mean nothing left as if it was about to go thru a production line to start assembly:eek:

Details my friend.... Was it complete? Did the police or whoever contact you, how did you find out? I assume you were insured and they paid you off.

Back