get me goin faster!

goldenbullet

Hey there everybody. Quite recently i was driving my car (1981 buick Regal) and found that my car was too slow for my likeing. Now ive thought of what i could do; aluminum intake and a 4 barrel, bigger crank, and different intake. Now please with out the most obvious answer of a turbo, what can i do? And as a reminder i am a high school student and still have to be able to air care my car. (if it helps i think i have a 267 in the car, however i do know it is a 4.4L)

Hey there everybody. Quite recently i was driving my car (1981 buick Regal) and found that my car was too slow for my likeing. Now ive thought of what i could do; aluminum intake and a 4 barrel, bigger crank, and different intake. Now please with out the most obvious answer of a turbo, what can i do? And as a reminder i am a high school student and still have to be able to air care my car. (if it helps i think i have a 267 in the car, however i do know it is a 4.4L)

was this engine originally a 4.3L, 265 V8 i believe? cast iron intake and all?

if so an aluminum intake would not just flow better, it weighs less too! my friend rebuilt a monza with that engine and it was a heavy intake! i dont really know whats out there for that engine but intake, 4-barrel, port ur cylinder heads(dont hog out ports, do bowl work and port match to new intake), upgrade cam, stroker kit i guess if they make them for that engine... anything to get more air into the engine! hth some!

john

Just buy a bigger engine. A 350 Chevy will work, or build a 383 SBC and slip it in. No replacement for displacement. ('cept for a turbo, but you said not to say that.:D ) I have a 406 SBC that would fit real nice between the frame rails of that car. If you live close to the Washington border, I can hook you up.;) http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pacific-northwest-area/230138-406-sbc-sale.html If you install a good exhaust with high flow cat converters, the 406 will pass air care. ( I might have to step the cam down a notch though.)

Just buy a bigger engine. A 350 Chevy will work, or build a 383 SBC and slip it in. No replacement for displacement. ('cept for a turbo, but you said not to say that.:D ) I have a 406 SBC that would fit real nice between the frame rails of that car. If you live close to the Washington border, I can hook you up.;) http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pacific-northwest-area/230138-406-sbc-sale.html If you install a good exhaust with high flow cat converters, the 406 will pass air care. ( I might have to step the cam down a notch though.)

406 does sound nice! i was thinkin that, crate engine and stuff, but completely forgot about some nice cheap exhaust or something!