You can type here any text you want

girdle needed?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

russ87gn

I recently bought a 109 from a friend it has ported heads a 212/212 roller cam billet mains and a few other extras brfore i put it in this winter should i put a girdle on? I dont plan on pushing this motor too much. My goal is 11.30 or something close. Also what type of rolloer rockers should i put on it previously had harland sharp 1.55 should i stick with the same or something different?

Those rocker are fine. No, you don't need a girdle on it. I'd spend the money else where.

Ok thanks do you guys think a te 44 with this combo meet my goal or is the turbo a place i should upgrade? I do have a extreme auto stage 2 with a 3k stall

Every one starts at low 11s... but your right he doesn't have to. But with ported heads and a 212/212 why not go little bigger?

well some guys will set a limit an live with it. BUT I do understand "if I do this an that it will go even quicker" ... Depends how far the fish hook goes down his throat :p

I'm sure you set a limit once lol. I set a limit after a turbo 3'' dp a trans and 2800 stall converter. Now I've got a $10k drive train ready to go in.

I'm sure you set a limit once lol. I set a limit after a turbo 3'' dp a trans and 2800 stall converter. Now I've got a $10k drive train ready to go in.

well we ran mid 11s for about 14 years . didn't want to do a roll bar.. Then in 2006/07 we stepped it up with spare parts I had hoarded over the years with all the parts cars we had. ran pretty good for a nothing combo :cool:

Ok thanks do you guys think a te 44 with this combo meet my goal or is the turbo a place i should upgrade? I do have a extreme auto stage 2 with a 3k stall

I went 11.343 on a TE44 this last weekend in BG launching off vacuum brakes to a 1.57 60'. Bigger is nice but the 44 is killer on the street and will get you to your goals.

My plan is to not have to put a bar in. Thats why my goals are low 11s im just looking for my car to be faster than most on the street and reliable. What boost was needed to get that 11.34?

russ87gn said:
My plan is to not have to put a bar in. Thats why my goals are low 11s im just looking for my car to be faster than most on the street and reliable. What boost was needed to get that 11.34?

I run my turbo for all it's worth so it depends on the air. 25lbs at a minimum and it'll hit 30 when I lock the converter and settle back to 28 or so in good air after the peak. I run it the same on the street as I do at the track and it's loads of fun. You are also correct that not many cars will run you on the street in a true 11 sec car.

Boost is just a number. Don't be afraid of 30lbs on the small turbos. I run pump gas and straight meth injection, fyi.

You are also correct that not many cars will run you on the street in a true 11 sec car.
I disagree. If you tell them that you have a true 11 second street car and let them hear your car idling before you race them,they'll borrow money from everyone they know to race you because there is no way that that quiet,smooth idling,slight lifter ticking,sounds like your grandmothers Buick,is a true 11 second street car. Do you ever drive by your buddy's house and shift the trans into neutral and give it a rev to impress the people gathered in his driveway? I rest my case.

girdle is not needed at 11.3 i cracked pistons before the crank on the stock motor.if you can stay with your goals you will be fine.

Back