Global West - Del-a-lum are they worth the money?

Danster

I'm getting ready to rebuild the front end of my car and want to replace every bushing, ball joint, etc. on my car. Are the Del-a-lum better than regular Moog replacements? I don't want polygraphite's, I want to stay with a stock setup for now, but was wondering if the upgrade to Del-a-lum's are worth it?

Not really to concerned with the money portion, I just want to put the best setup.

Your thoughts?

Dannyo

I think they are. I have them on my car and have never given them another thought. That includes NO SQUEEKS.

Here is a quote from another post I made. Don't rule out Polygraphite just yet, there are many advantages to it:

Initial designs in the 1930's were zero deflection - just like Del-A-Lum. Only problem was that they had to be periodically greased, which is a pain - even with grease fittings. The ride was also a bit harsh.

Rubber was implemented to solve the problem. You could install it and never worry about greasing it. It had its disadvantages, too, though...rubber deflected a lot more than the steel did, and it had a limited lifespan.

Polyurethane came about as a compromise - nearly zero deflection, long lifespan, and no need for periodic greasing. This had one drawback - squeaking.

Polygraphite, honestly, is the best solution out there. It's graphite impregnated, so there are NO squeaks. Almost zero deflection - meaning it performs extremely close to as well as a solid-design bushing, such as the Del-A-Lum. No need for periodic maintenance - no greasing after the install - ever. And it will last as long as your car will.

Del-A-Lums definitely provide incredible performance. So did the steeling bushings 70 years ago.

Polygraphite is almost zero deflection, and are one less reason that you have to crawl underneath your car.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

You can read the propaganda from all the various manufacturers until your blind.........in the end you just end up confused because one brand will say it's better than the other for one reason or another.

Reading that paragraph will make you wanna run out and replace every piece of rubber in your car with this 'Polygraphite' material....that is until you realize that 'technical information' was actually written by the company trying to sell you their goods (PST). Take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I think the Front Suspension Control arms are about the only place that Del-A-Lums should be used. They are far too stiff for a solid axle rear-end on the street. But that's just my opinion.

Ryan

While it may be what PST and my company say, that doesn't mean it isn't true. I don't mean to be rude, but if you see anything in that paragraph that seems to be untrue, I'd like to hear about it.

There are a lot of options out there, and every company claims to be the best. In the end, it comes down to what you believe and what you hear from other people who have tried the product.

If you have any questions about Polygraphite's capabilities, don't take my word for it! Make a post and ask people who have Polygraphite on their cars.

I'm only discounting the fact that they seem to imply that if you don't have THEIR products, all sorts of bad things can and will happen. I don't doubt they (PST) have quality products, but the extent to which they 'knock' the competition isn't fair.

I will tell you I have had NUMEROUS cars with Polyurathane Components, and when properly lubed (@ oil changes) I have had NO MORE SQUEEKS than I had with the stock rubber.

btw, did you recieve my e-mails on the SSBC calipers for the 1LE conversion? I need to order them, but can't find anyone to take my money.

Ryan

Ryan,

I just looked through my old email, and found the one from you asking for the prices. Sorry! I guess it got lost somehow in the midst. I'll get you those prices ASAP.

I have the Global Wests and the delalums and I like them, made the front end feel like a new car. Steering is very responsive and tight, and no squeaks. :)
Tarey D.

I'm not knocking the poly ones cause the rest of the bushings ( motor mts. body and rear suspension ) are poly on my GN.

I have polys in everything and have yet to hear a squeek.
Love how tight it is in corners especially with a 2" drop and 265/295 tires on!!!

I also would use the delalums, its a win win in my book over the stock rubber.