You can type here any text you want

GM Cam Bearings- Stage or Production

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Needing a little info on several sets of old stock Gm Cam bearings I have. I found the pt# listed in the Power Source on pg167 as;
0.539 Bearing Cam Front Pt# 123441 Front cam bearing for 1976 and newer V6 engines, no split (pereferred design)

Also found a note on page 84 that states;
Heavy-Duty Cam Bearings
Buick offers a set of H/D cam bearings that may be preferred for H/d use because they are made of a harder, more durable material & have a 0.060 hole instead of a slot for the oil transfer. All bearings in the set are 0.740" wide, which is the demension of the #1 bearing in production.

My question is, could I use the GM H/D Cam bearing that measure 0.740" wide in all jouranls on an 1984 4.1 production block?

getchasum said:
Needing a little info on several sets of old stock Gm Cam bearings I have. I found the pt# listed in the Power Source on pg167 as;
0.539 Bearing Cam Front Pt# 123441 Front cam bearing for 1976 and newer V6 engines, no split (pereferred design)

Also found a note on page 84 that states;
Heavy-Duty Cam Bearings
Buick offers a set of H/D cam bearings that may be preferred for H/d use because they are made of a harder, more durable material & have a 0.060 hole instead of a slot for the oil transfer. All bearings in the set are 0.740" wide, which is the demension of the #1 bearing in production.

My question is, could I use the GM H/D Cam bearing that measure 0.740" wide in all jouranls on an 1984 4.1 production block?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe so. The bearing journals in the block probably aren't wide enough to support a .740 bearing.

yes

Yes you can. If using the small feed hole --make sure the hole gets located in the slot --preferably @ around 8 O-clock or as close to the bottom as possible.

would this also apply to a roller cam or makes no difference? The durabonds i bought only came with 1 wide bearing and the FM1755M s came with two wide bearings.?

Back