You can type here any text you want

GM CD/radio not working correctly

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Got a late model GM CD player/radio for the GN to replace the aftermarket one I had. Everything appeared to be fine upon installation.

I DO have a problem however. Whenever I try to advance to the next track on a CD if I don't want to listen to the song, the farther I get into the disc it eventually freezes up and then the time on the clock goes to 1:00! Really pisses me off and can't seem to figure out why. It will also do this if I hit the Random button. Doesn't matter if I hit the seek button or the next button it will eventually freeze up. I can however listen to a CD all the way thru without a problem. Since I don't drive the GN that much I can probably live with it but it would drive me nuts if it was in my daily driver.

Used a Metra harness to install and the radio works fine when seeking other stations.

Supposedly it has a guarantee from the seller on ebay but of course he won't respond to my emails about it. Probably voided it anyway since I had to do some surgery to install the GN brackets on it. And NO I didn't drill thru the radio and mess anything up. :biggrin:

One other thing, how can the variable speed volume control be hooked up to work on our cars??

your laser assembly rides on a "worm gear",most likely it was not lubricated enough(at slow movement,ok,fast and it "sticks"),if you can take top of stereo and see gear,lube it with white grease...make sure laser "eye" is not contaminated in any way...keep fingers ,etc off....like you said its promably out of warranty,so give it a shot,you dont have anything to lose..if you do try this lay radio on white towel during dissasembly,this will make finding that small scew that gets dropped easy to find...

Back