GM Discontinued headgaskets for our TRs

DAVID C

I ordered my headgaskets Friday. I usually get them overnight. Today I asked where they were. My dealer said they recently got discontinued. It will take a couple extra days because they're coming from another source that deals in discontinued items. If you are set on using GM headgaskets, better order some up. I've bought 3 sets in the last year. This is new news to me. Dave C.

Don't worry there is always the Felpro 9441's which apparently are just as good. I am running these now but haven't pushed the boost past 18 lbs on them yet. There are others on this board who apparently have run big boost with them tho...

HTH

I think the felpros are cheaper too. Never used them but at least we'll be able to get headgaskets as GM keeps screwing us. chevy guys don't have this problem. I guess Buick isn't so important to GM.

Are the Felpro 9441's made of graphite just like the Victor (GM) gaskets? I read somewhere recently that Felpro used Victor headgaskets in their TR-complete gasket sets.

Why didn't they just use their own 9441's if they were comparable in quality & such??

GM, Felpro, or Victor? Stock type gaskets are ALL made by Victor, so get your best price. HTH Brian

Well I just ordered 2 more gaskets from GMPartsdirect. After reading about discontinuation on here I phoned my local dealer....he didn't know anything about it, but I thought I'd better get some more anyway.

Hey Steve, you don't have to worry about getting spare head gaskets....you won't blow your present ones at 30 mph as you putt putt around town. :D