You can type here any text you want

GM headgaskets discontinued

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOTIMMER

I remember seeing victors graphite gaskets looking the same. Anybody know what I can use as replacements for the GMs? Cometics and steel shim gaskets are out. My heads have lockwires in em.

Victors are the same. I think NAPA has them. Will a fel pro 9441 work, it is a good stock replacement as well? I would still prefer the Victors though.

I also got mine from Weber racing. I think they had the best price at the time....about 100 shipped to my door. The local Carquest wanted 122 for both and not including shipping.

I remember seeing victors graphite gaskets looking the same. Anybody know what I can use as replacements for the GMs? Cometics and steel shim gaskets are out. My heads have lockwires in em.

Tim, The GM headgasket, made by Victor, is still available. The headgasket kit has been discontinued. A few months ago I could get the Victors from Carquest for less than the GM re-package, but now I can get the GM re-package for less... :rolleyes:

Check your PM...

K.

Full Throttle has the victor head gaskets .Comes with most of the engine gaskets also.It is only $89.95 .

Hope this helps
Dennis

Part number

Tim, The GM headgasket, made by Victor, is still available. The headgasket kit has been discontinued. A few months ago I could get the Victors from Carquest for less than the GM re-package, but now I can get the GM re-package for less... :rolleyes:

Check your PM...

K.

What is the part number of the Victor gaskets and are they the MLS one's or the composite one's?

And they work great! Been running them for a few engines now & 26 lbs is no problem for them. Other things broke but only 1 time one let go & it was my fault & glad I had the emergency escape from it or my bottom end would have been toast too! Rather a HG than drive over the crank!

While we're on factory head gaskets. Does Victor or anyone else have a replacement for the GM Steel Shim Hg's?

I haven't found a source for steel shim gaskets either. The RJC steel shims are a tad bit thicker. I prefer to run the factory steel shims in all of my Hot Air cars just like the factory intended.

Back