GM High Tech Mag

jurassic five 7

Wooo....GNX articles in there. Its a great edition! Everyone should go see it. They rated some of the fastest GM stock cars. GNX, TTA, Typhoon, Syclone, Trans Am, Twin Turbo Callaway Corvette.....and many more.

Its great when i saw the front i was pretty sure i'd buy it, but then after reading it and seeing another GNX and Typhoon article, i hade to buy it!

Just wanted to give the shout-out of the new edition

-Adam

Yeah, Congrats to TB.com member Geoff Hall (GHall) for representing us with the GNX!! :biggrin: Good showing!!

K.

Congrats Geoff on getting your GNX into the GM High Tech, car looks great.

NCTURBOS said:
Yeah, Congrats to TB.com member Geoff Hall (GHall) for representing us with the GNX!! :biggrin: Good showing!!

K.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!! :cool:
I had a blast doing this.Not sure what the published numbers are(haven't seen the article yet)---but i felt like the car ran pretty good.

I also want to say congrats to another TB.com member Daniel Moore(NOTPLAYN) for bringing his 97 lt4 firehawk out.We both drove from Wilmington to NJ for the event

Geoff

P.S.--the GNX is the nearest car pictured in my sig,followed by my 19k mile 87 GN,and farthest away in the photo is Daniel's 30k mile 87 GN.

I subscribe so I guess I'll have to wait a week or so before I receive mine....grrrrrrrr.

i enjoyed it too. wonder why they used 3 typhoons for the shoot out and no third gen slp l98 cars?? wish they threw in more older articles from 98-99.

Congrats on having the car in the magazine, but I think the issue sucks. Theres zero tech in it, its all reprints of old ass articles (which I've already read) and seriously, who cares what a stock WS6, vette, etc runs? We all know about how fast they are, we want to know how to make them faster. I read through it in like 4 minutes and since its not a monthly publication that really sucks. It was like reading car and driver. I dunno, maybe I'm cynical, but it was the worst GM high tech ever and I've been reading since they were just High Tech, with fords and everything!

I thought it was nice, but yes it didnt have much tech stuff in it. But sence I've been reading it, I dont see many GN articles in there. This one hade two on the GNX and one on the TTA. It was nice to see how the GNX held to the other cars they hade.

The Twin-Turbo Callaway beat the GNX this time though by .06, but o well. We all have seen the GNX vs Twin Turbo Callaway video. It was still nice to see all the Buick products in there this time.

Geoff, as much fun as the day was it's cool to see it in print. Your car looks great :cool: I'm still impressed by that Z06 every time I read the numbers. Wish my numbers were a little better(the TTA in the shootout is mine for those who dont know me), went to the track a few times after that day trying to fix it but never got the mph up like it used to :confused: Still a very good day :D

Steve

Steve,

I maybe wrong about this but I bet if you hammered on your TTA like he did on that Z06, you would probably have the numbers you are looking for. He did a awsome job of driving that vette but I feel sorry for who ever ends up with that car off of a used car lot. I know I am a little one sided because most of my cars are all original and I baby the hell out of them. I guess thats why I am building the GTA- strickly a play toy!
Congrats to all that were lucky enough to be in the article. I know Geoff and I had a great time and good stories to tell. Like the lightning strike at the top of the bridge during the ride home. I still wake up screaming in the middle of the night :eek:
Daniel

Daniel your probrobly right, I cant complain it was a fun day. Sounds like you guys had a wild trip :eek:

On a different note I bet you didnt expect to run into those SLP guys, I thought it was cool to see those guys who were involved in building your car to one extent or another so excited to see it there.

Steve