You can type here any text you want

GM hub dust cap ...are they all the same

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fast4Ward

the hub dust cap is protruding out the Greg Weld 3.5's ....i need a low profile one so i can put the wheel caps on.
anyone know which gm car would have such a thing....i'll have to go to the junk yard if no one knows.

well smashed the damn caps right to the nuts;) and still need another .5 inch to get the Greg Weld wheel cap on.
Damn Greg Welds, first i get a bent rim reboxed from the factory, had to go get it straightend, then wrong lugs in one bag all marked and stamped correctley that chewed up my studs. i ended up mounting it by taking a lug off each other wheel.
and now this....Don't buy 3.5 inch Greg Welds:mad:
that's quality control in China for ya.

those wheels are probably designed for late model cars that don't have the dust caps- Camros, Firebirds, etc. if you are dead set on using those wheels, you could get some wheel spacers to kick the wheels out enough for the caps to clear, but then you are getting into longer studs and what not. or you could get the later model S10 spindles that use the integrated hub/bearing assembly and 2 piston calipers- but that seems like an expensive way to make a set of wheels fit.
or maybe they have a different center cap for the wheels that will clear your dust cap- but i'm sure they won't exactly give those away, either.

I also bought these wheels when I was recently at summit racing. I loved the look of the wheels in the store and was told they would fit the car but it was an impulse buy and found out that as fast4ward mentioned they do not fit with the center caps on. I don't want to upgrade my breaks to newer s10 brakes so I guess I will just have to find another way to make them fit correctly.

Back