You can type here any text you want

GM Part Number check

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Venus

Part number 25558394. I bought it thinking it was a trunk weatherstrip for a 86-87 TR but I don't think it's the correct one. If someone could cross check the number I gave and let me know.

Thanks
B-

I crossed checked it for you....it's the GM OEM part number for the 86-87 trunk weatherstrip. Hope this helps.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I crossed checked it for you....it's the GM OEM part number for the 86-87 trunk weatherstrip. Hope this helps.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Is it a superceded part number? Reason I ask is because it looks some what different from the factory original that is on my car. If it is a superceded part num I wonder if they updated the design?

Hi, B.

To double check, I went to the parts manual from http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/8687pn.html and found these numbers:

T-Top weatherstrip = 20211820 right hand
T-Top weatherstrip = 20211821 left hand.

Looks like the number you supplied could be the updated number.

However, I went out to my garage and pulled out the box of the two ORIGINAL '87 Grand National T-Top weatherstrips that I purchased from Mr. Dennis Kirban way back in January 11, 2007. I remember he sent these in their original GM packages, but I took out the weatherstrips to put into a protective box and threw the packages away. Back then, the original weatherstrips were widely available, though I didn't like the $220 I paid for both of them.....but now, I sure am glad I did, so I stopped whining about it long ago.:rolleyes:

If you'd like, as I have them here with me in my office, if you need any pictures of any part of these original weatherstrips, just let me know which section/area you're interested in.......I'll take a picture of any section you may want and send it to you via this site.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I just went to Google and put in gm part number 20211820 and 20211820. It took me to GM parts online and showed that these are the original GM part numbers for the roof panel T-Tops and no longer available, discontinued.

Your part number seems to be the new number for GM T-Top weatherstrips. I don't know if they are different or not.

I'm trying here but I'm just a rookie.:confused:.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I just went to Google and put in gm part number 20211820 and 20211820. It took me to GM parts online and showed that these are the original GM part numbers for the roof panel T-Tops and no longer available, discontinued.

Your part number seems to be the new number for GM T-Top weatherstrips. I don't know if they are different or not.

I'm trying here but I'm just a rookie.:confused:.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce I appreciate the help, but my weatherstrip is for the TRUNK not the T-Tops. I went to that page on gnttype you mention, and searched on my part number but it didn't hit on anything. Everything I see on the internet by googling on my PartNum shows it's a trunk weatherstrip that is NOT for a TR but I take things I see on the internet with a grain of salt and was hoping someone on here might have access to a parts manual or a GM parts catalog at a dealer that could check my PartNum as it's possible it has super ceded to my PartNum.

Ah, Jeez! I just realized that I'm doing research for the T-Top weatherstrips!!!!!:eek::mad: I'm so sorry, I don't know what in hell is wrong with me! Your part number IS for the trunk of your GN, as for a different number, I can't find it other than the one you supplied.

Please, please disregard all previous crap about T-Top weatherstrips! I really think I'm losing my mind and I'm so damn embarrassed.

You can report me to anyone you like, I deserve it. I feel like an idiot!!!!!:censored:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Ah, Jeez! I just realized that I'm doing research for the T-Top weatherstrips!!!!!:eek::mad: I'm so sorry, I don't know what in hell is wrong with me! Your part number IS for the trunk of your GN, as for a different number, I can't find it other than the one you supplied.

Please, please disregard all previous crap about T-Top weatherstrips! I really think I'm losing my mind and I'm so damn embarrassed.

You can report me to anyone you like, I deserve it. I feel like an idiot!!!!!:censored:

Bruce '87 Grand National

HAHAHAHA it happens to the best of us! Thanks again for the help.

Really sorry.....I can't believe I just did that...I know now it's the trunk you're talking about.....I can't find any number on that particular strip either, so maybe you can ask Dennis Kirban about this....he has quite a bit of knowledge on this, and a hell of a lot more than me, even though we're the same age....it just seems I'm going senile quicker.

Bruce '87 Grand National

You're welcome, B.

I'm now off to see a psychoanalyst.:confused:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Maybe just stop into a gm dealer in your travels, although last time I did it for a blazer heater core I got the ole "we don't really give out part #'s"... Cuz they wanted to charge me double n then some of what they knew I could get it for.

You're welcome, B.

I'm now off to see a psychoanalyst.:confused:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce, you just have sometimers. Sometime you know what your talking about, others times you don't. Happens too every old shit,me included.

Check with m233roller as I was just talking to him about this very subject and he had really surprising information and is a wealth of information.

It's the incorrect number for a Regal trunk weatherstrip. It's for the FWD Buick's and several other GM models.

Bruce, you just have sometimers. Sometime you know what your talking about, others times you don't. Happens too every old shit,me included.

You sure got that right about me......I also have "Dweebshymer's Disease" I'm a dweeb and can't remember sh**! Very rare disease, no cure....hope you don't have it.....

But I still feel like a complete idiot on how I tried help the guy.....jeez! Embarrassing!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Don't worry Bruce someday somebody will search for ttop info and find their answer here in this thread, with a good laugh to boot.

Back