You can type here any text you want

GM Replacement CD Player...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
go with the monsoon if you want ill send you pics looks awsome and sounds good

Thanks Chance!

Please send me pics and what is the model number for the Monsoon system? Thank you, Theodore

ill get you those pics tonight after work im not sure of the model number but do a search on monsoon if i remember right its the 94-02 f-body model that fits also you can get the 21-12 pin adapter so it a plug and play from GM no wires to cut

Just go on eBay and type in the search bar "GM CD RADIO" tons will come up. Just keep watching them for a week or so and you'll nab one at a good price. I paid under 100 for mine. Just be careful that there is no loc code on them. Most sellers will let you know. As always a deal to good to be true.. well you know the rest. You'll need 2 adapters one for the antenna and one for the harness. Plug and play. Most radio shops carry it. I think it took me all of 15 mins. to pull my old radio and mount this one and was playing CD's. :D

CLICK HERE FOR A PICTURE

updated cd player

I used the cd player from my 2000 chevy s-10 and found it fit the dash in my 87 t-type without too many mods. the player fit perfect but the mounting tabs had to be grinded down a bit for clearance. the stock dash bezel even fit and finished off the stock updated look. I used a wall-mart wire harness adapter so no wires had to be cut. These radios are everywhere and can be bought cheap since everyone goes the aftermarket way. Best thing is it looks stock gm. And these radio's will play burned cd's where some aftermarket units are fussy about the blank disc type.

Back