You can type here any text you want

GM-Sony-Pioneer Witch One?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drop Top

I have the concert sound package. I have a set of MB Quarts 6x9s in the rear and havent up gradded any of the others yet. But will with MB Qs in the doors and a set of tweets in the dash. (probley) I don't what a system that will blow out the glass just a nice simple good sounding unit. A buddy of mine has a DIN 1/2 Pioneer DEH P77DH in his Vett. Sounds good Not shure of the speakers. They go for around $200 on e-Bay. In the past I have had very good luck with the Sony units. The ones I've been looking at on e-Bay HWX4500X. They are dubble Din units. They clame they fit without adapters. They run about $25 more. I don't like the looks of the adapter plates for the dash. Thats why I'm looking at these. Then there are the stock GM newer units that come out of the trucks and so on. What worries me is why is there so manny units being replaced with aftermarket units if the stock units are so good.
I want a farlly simple plug and play system that sounds good at cruising speed. But when I plug in my Arosmith or CCR CD I want to blast it preaty good. Does anybody know the good, bad of these units? What are the plus and minuses?

I have a Panasonic that I love. Not sure of the model but cost about 500. Has a dot matrix screen that I made video fors on the computer then copy to a CD then upload to the radio. Now it is liike a screen saver of GN's on the radio screen.

I have a Pioneer deh-p47dh and I love it. DIN 1.5 so it looks right at home. It has great power and sounds great through the concert sound speakers.

I went with that over a newer stock CD player as the newer ones don't look any more at home than an aftermarket. They look to light black (not sure how to describe it) and too fisher price for me.

I also like the aftermarket as I have RCA outs for my sub amp.

I paid 150.00 on Fleabay for it new.

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the aftermarket units. The pioneer that you have is really simulare to my buddys with the Vett. I really don't know the differance between the two. Excapt that yours runs a little less o e-Bay. I've nrver seen the Panasonic arond at any stores. Where did you get yours at?
Does anyone know if Sony makes a stright DIN 1/2 with just a CD am/fm radio combo? All i can find is the ones with a caset-cd-am/fm radio.

Back