You can type here any text you want

Gm Universal power antenna

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

Has anyone installed one on their TTA? I have one and wanted to see if there were any tips to installing it. My antenna is stuck up right now.

TIA

I used the rebuild kit from GM I believe and just fixed my original antenna. It really wasn't the difficult to do, just a little bit of frustration but after about 5 or 6 times of putting the casing back together I think I had the whole thing rebuilt in less than 20 minutes (not includding taking the whole assembly in and out). I know that doesn't really answer your question but just giving you another option.

no I cannot push it down. Should I try with the motor running?

I got mine down by gently pushing down and twisting it. I don't think I ever got it to go far enough down that I could get it out though. I ended up just cutting the antenna because you replace the whole silver part with the rebuild kit.

I got mine down by gently pushing down and twisting it. I don't think I ever got it to go far enough down that I could get it out though. I ended up just cutting the antenna because you replace the whole silver part with the rebuild kit.

The GM repari kit I got only have the top part (last section if you like) of the antenna mast everything else is being reused .... not sure if you used something else Jared but I would be careful to cut the antenna mast except for just the top section ....

I have the GM cable repair kit and a new universal replacement antenna from GM. If I have to cut the antenna off to get it out fine. But I would like to save it if I could. I tried pushing the antenna and I do not think there is any chance I can push it down. Are there any other ways? Or should I just plan on cutting it?

Back