You can type here any text you want

GMP Red GN = Carb/Turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

In case you didn't know, GMP, the company that makes the 1/24 scale Turbo Regal scales, recently made the 1983 "Red GN". I was worried they wouldn't get the details right, so I wrote them about the car long BEFORE they made it, but they never responed. There are a lot of little things wrong about the car and the description that comes with it, but then I'm just nit picky when it comes to Buick V6 history. :p

But here is the big question - What engine is in it??? It was supposedly a 1983 Turbo Regal, so it should have a Carb/Turbo. I haven't seen one yet, but I'm suspecting it will have a 84/85 HotAir Turbo V6. :(

Anybody know? If the engine is correct, I might just shell out $60 for one. :)

Here my page on the '83 Red GN:
http://www.flash.net/~rjgeorge/83street.htm

Here's a GMP car on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748984383

I was just in Golden, Co and there is a store there (Foss's General Store) that has the 83 "Red GN" model in stock as well as the 86 T-Type, 87 T, and the white GNX models if I remember correctly. The T's were on sale for like $25 and the Red GN was less than 60, I think. I was there for a month and they kept 2 on the shelf of the Red GN. Unfortunately, I was not able to buy any collectibles, so I didn't look in the box to see if it was accurate-I would have been too tempted. I know there are some GN guys in that area though who might be able to check it out up close. I'll see if I can get someone I worked with out there to check it out, but I don't know how long it would take.

Before I scoot, thanks for all the great pre-efi info. I check out the B4Black site and the forum alot. I'm going to get my 83 back on the road soon I hope, but my 87 has drained my wallet. The GN is a monster, but it'll go before my 83 (my first "real" car back in 93).

Back