You can type here any text you want

GN Appraisals & Insurance???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickman69

Retired Buick Enthusiast
Do any of you have appraisals on a "NICE" GN/T-R and if so what are you paying on insurance???

I just sent off for a appraisal thru the GSCA for my GN. Hopefully it will appraise for a decent value but now i'm wondering what ins willl cost. I haven't had this car licensed or insured in 5 years and considering getting it outta the moth balls here soon.

So i'm going to present the appraisal to State Farm when I go to re-insure it and make sure that if something happens to the car they will at least reinburse me for the appraised amount.

Any thoughts opinions or suggestions????

State Farm and GSCA appraisal

Ronnie,

This info may help you out. I recently had my '70 GS455 reappraised after three years by Richard at GSCA and it's value jumped up over $7000.00 from the previous appraisal! State Farm who covers all our vehicles, said they would honor the reappraisal with a copy so off a copy went to them. My premium on that car increased then $20.00 a month from what it was so figure an increase of $240.00 annually from before. Now I'm 45, clean driving record, with a multi-car discount, no accidents, etc. I can tell you that the premiums will increase should the appraisal go up. This car has the 7500 mile or less per year max mileage rate and can be driven besides pleasure. I do have peace of mind if it were damaged with this policy and appraisal. Now...... if I could just get it running good enough to use some!:mad: I'm scared to reappraise the TR I have since we pay enough now with the SF premiums. HTH.

Re: State Farm and GSCA appraisal

Originally posted by Evans Ward
Ronnie,

This info may help you out. I recently had my '70 GS455 reappraised after three years by Richard at GSCA and it's value jumped up over $7000.00 from the previous appraisal! State Farm who covers all our vehicles, said they would honor the reappraisal with a copy so off a copy went to them. My premium on that car increased then $20.00 a month from what it was so figure an increase of $240.00 annually from before. Now I'm 45, clean driving record, with a multi-car discount, no accidents, etc. I can tell you that the premiums will increase should the appraisal go up. This car has the 7500 mile or less per year max mileage rate and can be driven besides pleasure. I do have peace of mind if it were damaged with this policy and appraisal. Now...... if I could just get it running good enough to use some!:mad: I'm scared to reappraise the TR I have since we pay enough now with the SF premiums. HTH.

I was paying a little over $400.00 per year in '98 when I let the ins lapse. That was just regular plain 'ol full coverage insurance. So i'm hoping it won't be much higher with this appraisal. I've got a clean MVR & no accidents (THANK GOD) and mulitcar discounts so we'll see in a couple weeks when the appraisal gets back. I could live with $240 annual adjustment to have the RIGHT insurance.

I'll get ya posted.

Thanks for the reply:)

Back