You can type here any text you want

GN Cylinder Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
91Bird305 said:
Just FYI, I have a terry houston downpipe 3" and an 87 GN motor with GN heads and I have A/C. You just have to modify the downpipe and use an 87 GN A/C compressor.

Post pixs of the downpipe going past the heads/headers passenger side. That is the AC issue, not the compressor.

Would be cool.. as everyone said it no fit.. even the GM engineers :rolleyes:

I will post pictures ASAP. The coaters should have my stuff done by Friday.

I have to run custom A/C lines though, I can't use the factory ones (surprise surprise). So the pics won't be with the a/c lines ran yet but I will post those when it is done.

We are going pull the intake and see what blew into the lifter valley...probably the head gasket, so if that is all that is wrong...that is what we will fix. At the same time I may replace the cam, lifters and timing chain set. I was thinking on using the 206/206 camshaft. A lot of my buddies are urging me to go to a roller cam, but $'s are tight...especially if there is more damage than a blown head gasket. Any suggestions on "other" camshafts?

Fullthrottlespeed.com has some pretty nice cams. I have the 208/208 but now I am wondering if I should have went a little higher.

I know some of you wanted to see what I did for my downpipe with the GN heads. Here are some pics below
pic_1.jpg

pic_2.jpg

pic_3.jpg

pic_4.jpg

pic_5.jpg

pic_6.jpg

OMG :eek:

Thats some fabbing.. guess it didnt fit the traditional way..

Ok... the data it wont go down the pass framerail is correct.

Good luck on the AC lines.

Razor said:
OMG :eek:

Thats some fabbing.. guess it didnt fit the traditional way..

Ok... the data it wont go down the pass framerail is correct.

Good luck on the AC lines.
Oh no way. There is barely any room along the framerail. But you can fab up a downpipe this way and u can keep the gn heads and a/c. :)

hey 91bird305 whose front mount are you using? I'm going to be putting a TTA drivetrain in my 87 Formula and I'm looking for a front mount

chikn305 said:
hey 91bird305 whose front mount are you using? I'm going to be putting a TTA drivetrain in my 87 Formula and I'm looking for a front mount
Its a custom front mount done by StenodPerformance.com.

91Bird305 said:
Oh no way. There is barely any room along the framerail. But you can fab up a downpipe this way and u can keep the gn heads and a/c. :)

Nice fabricating on that down pipe :cool: :cool: somebody definatly knows their way around a welder :rolleyes: you make my welds look like crap :frown:
Dan

cruesix said:
Nice fabricating on that down pipe :cool: :cool: somebody definatly knows their way around a welder :rolleyes: you make my welds look like crap :frown:
Dan
The credit goes to Mike Mizzi and Stenodperformance.com

Back