You can type here any text you want

GN engine Swap into an 84

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Inwo

GN engine Swap into an 84 Camaro

So I've decided to get rid of my v8 that didn't like pumping my manual fuel pump in favor of an 87 GN engine. My daily driver has a turbo and I'm addicted to boost, I'm sure you all know how that is :D
I'm working on what is entailed in switching the harness over to a fuel injected setup from the stock 1984 L69 computer controlled carb setup. Currently the engine harness is completely gone as I switched to a non-cc carb setup running low 14s on my crappy little 305. I have considered purchasing the main electrical harness from a newer Camaro because I lack a fuel pump harness and I have some other gremlins under the dash that I'd like to get rid of but I was wondering for those of you who have done a similar swap if I would be better off buying a new Painless chassis wiring harness to eliminate the issues of splicing into the stock chassis wiring system?
I also understand the engine harness will need to be lengthened in some spots if using a GN harness in a Camaro, could someone point me to a FAQ regarding what needs to be lengthened?
I'd like to say thank you in advance for any assistace anyone can provide.

Back