You can type here any text you want

GN front spring install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slick87gn

Have my GN on jack stands. Using GM service manual. Control arm gets jacked up into spring pocket. Now as jacking / the whole vehicle rises, Should i chain the frame to the jack as in the previous post ? :confused: :confused:

I just did this on my new T Type and rented the Autozone spring compressor and its a nice tool, not some cheap one. If you have an impact it will be pretty easy. Just make sure you compress the spring as much as you can. We had a prob with the spring coming out of the pocket in the frame.

My son and I did it the old fashioned way. Lift the lower control arm with a floor jack. Used a ball joint buster to hold the bottom of the spring in untill it seated. I was a bit of PITA without the engine in. Had the wife sit on the front of the car - more than enough wieght to hold it down.:D

I have the great Neck tool. It does not hold the spring secure enogh and the rod is too large to fit in the upper shock hole,

Get another type. Several manufacturers out there put some antisieze onthe threads of the tool as well while using.

Back