You can type here any text you want

GN Intercooler scoop on TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Murt TTA

Condoms prevent minivans
Today I put a GN intercooler scoop on my TTA today since I scored an extra one from my buddy, and my TTA scoop some how became MIA a few months ago.

In order for the GN scoop to fit, it needed a little minor modification. Just had to cut the corners to make it flexible, and with a little pulling and tugging, got the scoop behind the dual fans and bolted on.

The only problem with this scoop is it hangs down really low to the ground. It hangs down about 2 1/2 inches under the sway bar, so I am going to be very careful going over speed bumps etc.

The GN scoop does fit though just in case anyone was wondering, but it is a different design from the TTA scoop.

TTA scoop is much thinner towards the top in back of fans, and the TTA stock scoop has a different bottom peice then the stock GN scoop.

Well, at least i have a scoop back on my car now!

~Murt

I had a MINT scoop on my car untill a few rivets popped loose and the sucker drug on the ground at 140 mph...now it has a serious case of road rash. I did however remove it and had my buddy Ed fab up a clone made from some heavy gauge aluminum....hell of a nice job I must add! I bolted it to the bottom of the IC and added a few bolts here and there to the rubber IC shield for sturditity; doesn't move now. The only problem is if I should ever hit something bad enough to drag the thing, it will prolly rip the IC off the freak'n mounts....not literly but a possibility with my luck.
Man I wish someone would fab a reasonably priced scoop and fresh air intake...I just don't have the time to mess with it!

I have a mease aluminum shroud on my TTA and have had no problems with it (its my daily driver). Think it was 150 or 175, at any rate I can afford to replace that if I need to:D

They are even adjustable so you can lower the scoop at the track!

Back