GN looks good with Corvette rallys!!

Jeff

'87 GN (for sale)
Long story short...I needed some good rubber to get my theft-recovery '87 GN to the TXDOT for a new VIN tag. I had a couple 15X8 Corvette rallies that I had painted black with good 235-60-15 tires, so I bolted them on.
WOW...they really fill the wheel well nicely! I don't know if it's the difference in backspacing or what but it looked nice. It appears that they won't rub on the fender lip, but I haven't put many miles on them.
Has anyone else tried this? The black wheels looked good with the car, and they are lighter than the GN wheels...could be a cheap and dirty way to fit some bigger rubber.
Just a thought....I still have a few more rallies in the attic, may see what happens with them on the front, too...
Jeff

not yet...

I'll try to post some tomorrow...maybe I'll put them both on one side and take the picture from that side to see the "total effect"
Jeff

Yeah!!!

Post some pics....

I've been wondering how the vette ralley's would look. There are places that can make them ANY size you want. I was thinking chrome rim with black center....maybe BFH could make some turbo6 emblems for the center caps.

The rodder types use these a lot....I've just never seen them on a GN/TType.

John

BFH would be Buick From Hell...

he makes custom engraved parts and overlays for our cars...

I love the way my console and glovebox plate look now with the engraved pieces...

Is there anything Kevin (BFH) can't make? Many items on my cars are custom made by him!

Any pics yet?

There was a local guy a few years back that had them on his car. Forgot what year they came off of, but they looked pretty damn nice. I liked them a lot.

been distracted...stupid car won't pass inspection...

OK, OK, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow...
but does ANYONE know how I can check the ECM, I think mine is toast...I have to pass inspection within 30 days or it'll go into the state's records and CarFax and all that, which really makes my life difficult...
crap...I wish this car was just a little bit better...
Jeff