You can type here any text you want

GN motor going in my TTA??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Hey guys, its been a long time! Well, my brother has been messing with my old TTA and after 4 years. He pulled the old motor out and we have a new GN motor going it it. We got the correct FWD heads for it. Now I know when I put those heads on that GN motor, the compression goes up. Is there a way I can compensate that with a thicker gasket or should I just get the stockers and just learn how to tune the car like that? I was trying to search some info on these Cometic HG's. Any opinions on those? Looks like I can get them thicker than stock. I am thinking that I should put some GM stockers on but what do I know. Any help would be great! I got all the other correct parts like the head bolts and what not. Getting a bit excited to have her back on the road after a few years of her sitting.:cool:

If you need TTA specific pistons, I have a full set. If you already have TTA pistons in it, you will be fine with the FWD heads. GN pistons will raise the compression ratio with FWD heads.

I have a GN motor going in a TTA ,using Cometic gaskets that are .60 thick not sure how that will help ,but hope it does...;) if you do a search on the net ,you will find cometics come in many thickness's

What thickness is too much? Heck I don't even know the thickness of a stock one. In my theory of thinking, the more gasket thickness I have, the more chance of it blowing out.:confused:

Run Alky :cool: Sorry I couldn't resist.

How much does the compression go up? Just curious.

Oh, definately will have alky! Had it before on her. I wanna say I heard it goes up to 8.5 to 1. Don't quote me on this though.

The GN was 8.5 to 1 from the factory. The TTA was 8.0 to 1. You are going to have at least 9.5 to 1. Much more than you want. My stock TTA heads measured 41 cc. After going to Champion where they had a cut took off them for the Cometic gaskets and new valves which did not have the dish like the factory valves they measured 38cc. I also have a short block with all the goodies that I just took out of the TTA . If your interested give me a call at 336-682-3232.

Michael

Back