GN really starting to Pi-s me off!

charleslong

I just recently got my car back, b/c my trans had to be rebuilt. The second gear went out on it. Well not even a week after driving the car, it is starting to act up. I dont know if the second gear is burned out or not, but it redlines sometimes instead of shifting into second. This is not under WOT either.
Well, I thought about taking it in and trading it in on a 98 Regal GS. The GS was posted for 99999 with 42532 miles on the odometer, leather seats, and the works. What kind of deal would the dealer work with me and what do you guys think is fair? I also owe like 2500 on my GN. What would you guys do?
Thanks
Charles

That's pretty low miles for a 98! I just turned 100k on mine. ;) That's a pretty good price, too (that is if you meant to type 9999 instead of 99999 lol). The blue book is I think between 11000 and 12000 for a 98 GS with those miles. I say go for it. Oh, and check out the regal site in my sig.

thanks,
so would you give up the GN

Originally posted by JasonGS
That's pretty low miles for a 98! I just turned 100k on mine. ;) That's a pretty good price, too (that is if you meant to type 9999 instead of 99999 lol). The blue book is I think between 11000 and 12000 for a 98 GS with those miles. I say go for it. Oh, and check out the regal site in my sig.

I personally woudn't give up a GN for a Regal, no offense to the Regal owners. But the Gn is something special, where as the Regal is an everyday driver.

Keep the GN, put it in the garage till late summer. Im not sure what you are paying per month on your GN, maybe 200 a month? You seem pretty close to owning the thing. I would really hold on to it even if you have to get a higher mile GS.

I really think in a year, when the irritation wears off and you have some cash to fix it, you will wish you still had it. I know I would, unless it was in really rough condition.

I would kill to have a GN, I almost bought one last year. I decided to with the GS since I needed a year round car. I would keep the GN, and get the GS if you can afford it. If your transmission is acting up again, does it have some kind of warranty? I would look into that.

Eric

Originally posted by 98GSMN
I would kill to have a GN, I almost bought one last year. I decided to with the GS since I needed a year round car. I would keep the GN, and get the GS if you can afford it. If your transmission is acting up again, does it have some kind of warranty? I would look into that.

Eric

yes it does, but i am in the air force and im like 600 miles away from my home town. I think it may be the chip im using, b/c i had the poston ultra adjustable and i had it set on 2, but i changed it to four and it worked better. I also put my thrasher chip in after trying the other. I am not sure if the prob. is completely solved.
thanks
charles

I would try to adjust the shift cable next to the throttlebody just push the button in and pull the cable back a few clicks and then push the gas pedel to the floor to adjust it to the proper setting. That might fix the problem. If you haven't tried that yet. Good luck on your car. I have both types of cars and the GP will never pull as hard as the turbo Buick without spending $10,000 on it but, running low 13's really suprises F-body people and Corvettes.:D

Buy one from or send your tranny to get rebuilt from PTS AKA Bruce. You can also post on the tranny section and get advise on what to do with yours.
I had my tranny rebuilt with all his internals buy a local shop and it is awsome. I also have his billet stall. The car really hauls but now and the tranny should last forever! My wife has a 03 GS and it is great but no comparison to the power and the coplments I receive from people with my T-type WH-1.:D

thanks guys,
when i push in the button and hold the throttle to full. What should the black stick like thing do? Should it move back towards the fire wall or should it move away from it, or will i have to move it myself?
thanks
charles

You want to push the button and pull the black cable back toward the fire wall a few clicks and then release the button. Then get in your car and push the throttle to the floor so the cable will readjust and that should get it close. Good luck