You can type here any text you want

GN/Regal audio pics?

• Thread starter Thread starter FalconXtreme
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
F

FalconXtreme

hey does anybody have pics of their gn's or regla's audio setups and stuff. i just wanna see what can and has been done to them. thanks.

Originally posted by FalconXtreme
hey does anybody have pics of their gn's or regla's audio setups and stuff. i just wanna see what can and has been done to them. thanks.

Click on the link below and it will take you to pics of my '86 Buick GN and the sytsem that I built for it in '98:

Audiowizard's '86 GN Sound System

Originally posted by TurboJim
There are pics of mine at:

Mystereo pics

I really need to take some better pics tho.

You have a very nice audio system and write up on your equipment Jim! Its a small world, my best best friend is Gary Biggs who works and competes with Mark Eldridge at Kicker! :) Gary's IASCA & USAC World Champion Buick use to be my car! :cool: Here is a link to a magazine article and pics of my former ride!

My former Buick Regal

Heh, small world aint it? I met mark...er, actually, spoke to Mark, through a friend Bill Williams, who worked with Richard and Dave Navone when AutoSound2000 was in its infancy. I met Dave in oh, 88 or 89 while he was up visiting Bill, who went on to comment on how nice my car looked/sounded. He even lent his ear on many an occasion to help me get the time delay right when I was running a Rane Xover/Delay, and tweaking the octaves with an Alesis MEQ230. I gave up on those pieces because despite Pat at AS2000 setting the power supplies up, I couldnt get the connections to stay clean. I guess headphone jacks arent meant for a car audio environment. Every week I'd haveta pull my trunk apart, emery all the connections, and re-snot them w/dialectric. And wouldnt you know it, in the middle of a IASCA SQ test, the damn things failed...so much for the perfect 30 right? So out came those pieces and in went the Symmetry. It doesnt have time delay, but I had planned on adding the DSP for that. Despite NOT having any delay, I got the thing to image remarkably well and think I score a 28 out of 30 at the last event I attended. I have the sheet somewhere :) I never got the DSP in it and started falling behind in the technology. My car was a dinosaur with all the new competitors using linear actuators, fiberglass, and neon. I couldnt bring myself to redesign and spend MORE $ that I didnt have, so the car just became enjoyed and not competed in.

I tell ya, the stuff you down and dirty guys are doing is simply amazing. I just dont have the time anymore. It was fun while it lasted, and I truley enjoy the time in my car, I'll never be back in the "upper crust" of the audio world like you guys.

Thanks for the comment on my car.

Originally posted by TurboJim
I tell ya, the stuff you down and dirty guys are doing is simply amazing. I just dont have the time anymore. It was fun while it lasted, and I truley enjoy the time in my car, I'll never be back in the "upper crust" of the audio world like you guys.

I gave up competition also due to "lack of time" but I enjoy it more so as a hobby so I don't get burned out. Gary has been bugging me about getting back into competition and has offered me a full sponsorship from Kicker but with my Job and manditory overtime, I couldn't make the schedule :(

Back