Part ID

Lilhotrod

Hey y’all, driving the GN yesterday and had a part literally fall off the car. Pulled over and ran back and got it and to be honest I have no clue what it is. I’ve asked a Buick mechanic, someone who worked on the car and a car forum in general. Nobody seems to know what it is and I don’t wanna drive the car until I figure out. The car still ran OK, I didn’t get on it just in case. I thought it might be the belt tensioner since it has been squeaking
IMG_2004.jpeg
some but the belts are still tight and the tensioner seemed OK. Anybody know what it is?

What diameter is it ?? My old air bag spacer is 4" diameter x 1/2" thick . It even has the same depressions on the dots .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110-162059_Magnifier.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110-162059_Magnifier.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
What diameter is it ?? My old air bag spacer is 4" diameter x 1/2" thick . It even has the same depressions on the dots .
4”. It had rear airbags, but they rotted from it being stored and literally fell out whenever I was having it towed to my house. is this spacer detrimental to driving it?

No it was support for the air bag .
Thank you so much. I feel like an idiot but I literally asked my brother, who had worked on the car, and a Buick mechanic from that era and they didn’t know. That would explain why because there’s an aftermarket thing.