You can type here any text you want

GN spanks Mercedes AMG SL55

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tscruggs

1KWIKGN
WOW!!! WHAT A LUNCH!!!!!

I decided to drop by the house for lunch today and my wife suggested that we travel to the local grocery store. It is a beautiful day here in New Orleans, soooo we jumped in the GN and headed the seven miles to the nearest decent grocery. As we travel the interstate, my wife calmly chides me "You won't even rev her for me?" I reply, "Of course honey, bide your time, someone will certainly test her." We load up the groceries and head back to the interstate. As the left turn light turns green and I proceed to slowly pull forward, A Mercedes Benz AMG SL55 flies right on my rear bumper. I finish the turn and briskly accelerate, allowing the gracious black beast to unwind ever so feverishly. As we spank that boy, my wife looks back and just smiles and yells - she has been newly won over to the dark side from a childhood of Ford-lovers. Anyhow, as we proceed to merge onto the interstate, the Red Sea of traffic is parted. The Benz pulls out and we both hammer it. By now, I have slowed to 40MPH to merge. We ran from 40 to 125MPH with me pulling him by 2 lengths - unbelievable. I slowed and as he passed, he just shook his head in shame and proceeded to take the next exit off the Highway of Shame. My 20 year old 80,000mile V6 Buick shamed that middle aged alpha male in his brand new $250,000 Mercedes. AHHHHHH The SWEET taste of VICTORY!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks, I could not believe it. My teenage son is an avid exotic car entusiast. He is slowly being won over to the dark side.

Those are quick!!!

I had to wring out my 2003 SV1000S (rice bike) to keep on the bumper of a dad trying to show his kid "how it's done" I probably could have done a liitle better but was having some front wheel elevation problems. That was an 11.3 bike (V-Twin).

Dang yet another turbo v6 in my area that i haven't seen!! Good Kill!!
:D

I own a 2005 E55 and 3 turbo regals....my thoughts

GN'S ARE lighter then the Benz and have unreal torque as the Benz does ........The SL55 at most is a $70k car and that is for low miles and 2 years old... 03's are in the low 60's now... mostly because of the hardtop retractable feature these 55's are going to hold their value longer for a while...these cars weigh a ****ping 4480 lbs. with no driver....the GN weighs 3700lbs. with no driver.....the 55'S from 2003 and up are all supercharged handbuilt motors the have 490HP and 520 LBS. OF TORQUE....with original stickers prices from $90k and up... but these cars dropped like rocks and are IMO one of the best cars built in the world for comfort and speed AND WITH THE DEPRECIATION SETTING IN ... you cant get a better faster car for the money...with technology that is superior to almost all other cars built today... my E55 is the 4 door and weighs 4200 lbs. dry...... I ran a 12.1@ 116 with a 2.10 60'....78 degrees ....No burnout ... just lined up and stomped on the gas.... the car will top out @ 201 mph with the governor turned off... the cars are limited to 155 mph... but with a RENNTECH upgrade ECU and pulley... all you really have to do to these cars and you are ungoverned and running mid 11's @120+ mph on average.... all this with silky smooth road driving and no wind noise at 120 mph..... I paid a ****ping $51k FOR MY CAR a $40k savings over what the original owner paid.... AND MY PAYMENTS ARE $700 A MONTH.... if I went out and bought a 5k -10k GN mint which I am going to do again soon well I have to pay cash or get it in the rear on the rate...and this would be in the low 20k range... if I financed... well the interest is high and my payment would be about $600 and change.... so in reality...the GN'S are the coolest cars built in the last 20 years but I would take my Benz over it anyday if given the ultimate choice..... and the Benz's have bottomed out for awhile.....the blown 55's are no longer made in 2007 and the new 63's are not as quick and are more expensive.... the 55's and 65's AMG Benz's are going to go down as the baddest fastest luxury cars built in automotive history...

wow, definately a kill to be proud of. those are not slow. haha, i'm lovin all these kills from a roll on supposed highway monsters like AMGs and c6 z06s. just think how bad it would have been from a dig!

WOW!!! WHAT A LUNCH!!!!!

I decided to drop by the house for lunch today and my wife suggested that we travel to the local grocery store. It is a beautiful day here in New Orleans, soooo we jumped in the GN and headed the seven miles to the nearest decent grocery. As we travel the interstate, my wife calmly chides me "You won't even rev her for me?" I reply, "Of course honey, bide your time, someone will certainly test her." We load up the groceries and head back to the interstate. As the left turn light turns green and I proceed to slowly pull forward, A Mercedes Benz AMG SL55 flies right on my rear bumper. I finish the turn and briskly accelerate, allowing the gracious black beast to unwind ever so feverishly. As we spank that boy, my wife looks back and just smiles and yells - she has been newly won over to the dark side from a childhood of Ford-lovers. Anyhow, as we proceed to merge onto the interstate, the Red Sea of traffic is parted. The Benz pulls out and we both hammer it. By now, I have slowed to 40MPH to merge. We ran from 40 to 125MPH with me pulling him by 2 lengths - unbelievable. I slowed and as he passed, he just shook his head in shame and proceeded to take the next exit off the Highway of Shame. My 20 year old 80,000mile V6 Buick shamed that middle aged alpha male in his brand new $250,000 Mercedes. AHHHHHH The SWEET taste of VICTORY!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Nice kill!
Glad you got it running, but I bet you have some fine tuning to do yet. :biggrin: Think of what would happen if you had it on kill.

Jerryl; Thanks for all of your help! It wound up being a bad ecm - third one I tried. Conley's finally diagnosed and tuned the car. She is running GREAT!!!!

Slowcar; Did not mean to offend you - just glad to get a kill on such an awesome car! As I said above, I am trying to convert my wife and my son to the dark side. They thought the kill was even more awesome than I did. Plus, it was the first true test since I got the car running right again. God Bless.

I ran against some lady in a black E55 Benz at the track last summer. I ran against her two times and both runs were almost neck and neck. The last race I ran a 12.3@107to her 12.7@108MPH. Maybe this one was slow because I heard they trap around 116MPH stock.

no offense taken.... the GN is my fav classic of all time

I don't want a modified one anymore because of the collector status and the original ones are going up in value now...A modified GN taking on a car that is as new and advanced as that AMG is a story to tell for sure.... most people dont realize the potential in the older cars....our Buicks in general....most people without the knowledge assuming all cars from the old days are slow and incapable......I was talking with a guy the other day ... he was telling me that he wants to get a ACURA or SRT4 and hop it up to make it fast...I said why not find the turbo regal and do the same....save some money, be original and have a faster ride.... you will have a classic sleeper... he quoted that it wasn't a sleeper due to it being a "black guy's" car.....I laughed and said ......"these cars for less then 15k will take on most newer rides and these cars are not the ones you see sporting 22" wheels... do your homework... then I showed him the race of the VIPER losing to the GN'S on youtube......he was amazed.....

the older pre 2003 AMG will run 105-108 mph

The newer ones run the 114-116 mph..... if the car was the 2003... then maybe the IC pump was bad causing the blower to not kick in all the way through....or she just had a really slow factory sample....like our GN'S some are fast as hell.... and others bone stock ones ofcourse... run like a priest to the alter boys

Ha Ha, I just noticed this thread and it reminds me of the MB I stomped and posted about last summer. That guy was pretty humble after.... wouldn't come near me. Fast car though, much respect. For the car, not the cocky driver.

You got a 10 second car???

When my e55 was stock it ran 12.1's@118 and best 1/8 mile was 7.6@92.Havent been back to the track with it yet(ill guess 11.5-11.7)All that on stock tires no less!!!

From a roll,ITS THE NASTIEST CAR IVE DRIVEN.Itll dust a crotch rockets a$$ AND hang with it on the top end.:biggrin:

Not even close to a ten sec car - Crappy driver vs skilled driver - I built boost and let her loose - down side - I was following my wife, she was driving the GN, later that day and noticed the right rear wheel wobbling - rear end gone - good kill but it cost??!!

Back