GN stolen in New Jersey

A.S.H.

My 87 gn was stolen last night tuesday march 26 from linden nj
car has 90, 000 miles on it vin 1G4GJ1176HP436797.

the sad thing about it is i just bought a new stage 2 block and rods for it

does any one know how to deal with the insurance company i know there
not going to what to pay what the car is really worth. and what is the nada on a low mile GN.

thanks AL

Stolen Car

Sorry to hear about ur unfortunate finding. I had my 87 GN stolen 2 years ago and yes i do feel ur pain with the insurance company problem. My GN that was stolen had 100k miles on it and the first offer the insurance gave us was 2500. My wife answered the phone and thought the insurance company missed the 1 in front on the whole bid. It took 3 months of fighting hte insurance sompany before we actually got the exact amount we were looking for. We have learned since getting a new to have the car photographed the day u buy it so u dont have to go through the hassle of fighting them anymore. The fighting was pretty much the insurance company making offers to settle and then us just saying no higher. We did finally settle at the last bid they were going to give us before we were going to take them to court so holding out on what u want to get paid might be ur best bet or doing something else. The funny thing was that the car was recovered in Milwaukee about an hour away choppped really bad:mad:. No trunk, no hood, no door, no interior. The good thing was that we bought back the GN for $100 with a good title and have recently just restored the car to almost better than when we purchased the car. I hope the best for u for when they stole my car it took a piece of my heart with it. Hope u get ur car back in perfect condition and best luck with the insurance company.

Just curious, where in IL was it taken from and where in Milwaukee was it found(if you even know)? I know the general bad areas to stay away from but just curious where, Im just a little outside of the city.

AL, where was your car stolen from????? Just curious, I'm from the area...sorry to hear your loss...Hope you find it soon.....

I'm in NJ, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Theives don't typically bring them to the 'burbs, though. What's the license plate #? Distinguishing features (other than being black :), what wheels & tires?, t-tops?

Good luck,
Jim