You can type here any text you want

GN vrs KB 03 cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
On way out to the street races this weekend to try out the new alky kit, i ran up on a modded 03 cobra , Even though i think roll racing is gay, i still wanted to see where the GN stood against a Kenne Bell equiped 03 Cobra . So we hit from about a 40 punch and i left him.
**PT 61 22# boost and alky.. its feels good
the owner replied to a local thread that was started about the little race.. Its kinda funny
http://www.ccstreetscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1022

Nice kill. Its funny to see how that mustang owner thinks you had more than just a turbo six. :biggrin:

Damn good KILL. I own both a GN and 03 cobra with bolt ons and i know those KB cobras put down 580-600 easy on a street tune at moderate boost 17psi. You must be putting down some good numbers to the wheel!
Good Kill! :eek:

Damn nice kill Phil, the 03's are fast as **** especially with a KB upgrade. I think the corner deal is over exaggerated, it was just a small turn, it was raced mostly in a straight and at high gear they approached the turn, they didnt get on it in a corner. I think ya need to know Pace has been racing for years and knows how to safely race being every car he owns is on skinnies, i dont think he even knows what a set of 17"s would feel like, I try to get him to go with them but he WON'T... He as a 9 sec mustang that he drives on the street and would not race on an extreme corner with slicks and skinnies. Slicks+skinnies+corners=death trap. Good job pace, you know if it had been from a dig you would have wasted him badly being that 03's cant even launch hard with IRS and stickies even if they could hook.

Nice ... Real Nice.

The owner seemed pretty humble about his @sswhippin, but his "pitcrew" was amusing. Oh well, that should send a few of them to the speed shop for some more go faster parts.

About a year ago, 3 of us locals went out and bought Gn, TR's " we also have mustangs, V8 vega, etc.."
Started bringing these cars out and racing them, some people are "whats a BUick GN "??
Now there are several of them wanting to find and buy TR's.

Gotta love it

My phone must ring once a week.. " Do you know where i can find a Buick Grand National"

**update *** this weekend scored a win from a dig against a heads and cam Z06, and then a modded ss LS1.
waiting for the owners to reply, and ill post up the link of what they said..

Back