You can type here any text you want

GN vs 00 Juiced Z28 LS1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Ran a friend of mine on the street from a dig and got killed! No traction at all on the DR's I spun all over had to get off the gas and back on it by then it was all over :( he had me by 3 to 4 lengths.

I knew he was pretty quick especially on the spray, but I wanted a 2nd shot at it, I talked him into meeting me at the track the next day. I told him it was going to be a different story on this race! He just smiled...

We met at the track around 3pm. I had already been there for awhile and had made a few unimpressive passes. I didn't take the time that morning to change the O2 and it was going south on me. My best pass was a 7.78 @88mph. From what I had heard about his ET's it was gonna take a 7.50 to win, which I have run many times before.

With the O2 getting worse the car was a pig out of the hole still running 88 to 90mph but now running 8.0's with a 1.9 to 2.0 sixty fts. could only get 1-3lbs of boost on the starting line. I knew this wasn't going to be enough and didn't want to lose again. No chance of getting a new O2.

On my last pass before we ran each other coming back around the return road I stopped and tried the E brake to see if the car would boost up quickly?

It did the car went to about 10lbs holding with no problem. So that was the plan. I was hoping the O2 didn't get any worse and the car didn't start popping down the track? Keep my fingers crossed.

Below are the results of the race. I took off at 7-8lbs and ran 22lbs of boost.

Reid left lane Me right lane
.7618 reaction .5723
1.8479 60 ft 1.5994
5.0165 330 ft 4.7588
7.6315 1/8 7.4825
94.24 mph 90.00
I was the winner by .3385 :cool:

NICE ONE!!! What mods have you done to the car? Thats roughly what mine is runnin now. I just orderd a 61bb and 60# injectors,hoping to get bottom 11s this year. What have you done to the suspension,to 60ft in the 1.5s,just the Ebrake? I push through the lights at 3-5#.

Good kill, ive never launched with more than 2lbs of boost, but i think its time to try!

NICE ONE!!! What mods have you done to the car? Thats roughly what mine is runnin now. I just orderd a 61bb and 60# injectors,hoping to get bottom 11s this year. What have you done to the suspension,to 60ft in the 1.5s,just the Ebrake? I push through the lights at 3-5#.

TE51, Precision IC stock location, MSD 50's, All of the fuel upgrades of course, 340walbro etc. 200R4 Built! all of the good stuff! Stock suspension 3:42's single airbag, Soft shoes in the back, S10 wheel cylinders, drilled rotors up front. Ran on ET Drags. I get 1.6's consistantly.

Buy two sets of brake shoes and use the 2 bigger shoes and replace your wheel cylinders with those for a Chevy S10 PU. You'll be amazed at the difference. I can hold 10lbs on just the foot brake but not that day because of the O2, so I used the E brake.

I can hold 10lbs on just the foot brake but not that day because of the O2, so I used the E brake.

Why the difference in foot brake vs e-brake? Do you have a vac. brake set-up? I understand how a bad O2 could mess with your spool-up but I don't see how being able to hold boost would change that much with your brake mods on a powermaster system.

Why the difference in foot brake vs e-brake? Do you have a vac. brake set-up? I understand how a bad O2 could mess with your spool-up but I don't see how being able to hold boost would change that much with your brake mods on a powermaster system.

I have vaccuum brakes. But I can hold just as much boost with just the foot brake. The bigger shoes and the S10 wheel cylinders make a big difference.

When my powermaster went south, I decided not to go with the vacuum booster. Instead I went with a hydroboost unit from the 84 GN, and I will tell you, it works great for holding while building boost, the higher the engine revs, the more holding power there is. Ten pounds is no problem and this is with stock brakes all the way around. I did not have to change the brake pedal either. You have very impressive holding power with the vacuum booster.

I got a hydroboost system out the pull-a-part, and it can build 10psi sitting on dirt!!!!

Back