You can type here any text you want

GN vs 2001 SS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
I built up my buddies 01 Camaro SS (6 spd), heads , cam, headers, etc. His last times a couple weeks ago were 11.87 @121. I finally felt comfortable laying into my new engine, so we were cruising around and I was following him. We came up to a light turning red so I pulled alongside him. Light goes green, I let him roll out a little, then I hit it. Spun the MT's all the way through 1st, caught some traction and shot past him like a sling shot. That was on 15 PSI. Going to turn it up to 17 PSI tonight......

I built up my buddies 01 Camaro SS (6 spd), heads , cam, headers, etc. His last times a couple weeks ago were 11.87 @121. I finally felt comfortable laying into my new engine, so we were cruising around and I was following him. We came up to a light turning red so I pulled alongside him. Light goes green, I let him roll out a little, then I hit it. Spun the MT's all the way through 1st, caught some traction and shot past him like a sling shot. That was on 15 PSI. Going to turn it up to 17 PSI tonight......
Sounds like a hefty combo...if you had to do the cam over would you stay with the 215 cam you have...thanks for any input :smile:

So far yes, its not lazy at all on the bottom end like I thought it would be. Its actually got very nice throttle response, so far, I am pleased all the way around. Well, excpet trying to get traction... :D

Have You Experienced A Bigger Turbo On That Set Up? If Not? Do You Plane To Bump It Up A Little? Im Sure Your Set Up Could Handle You turning the boost up to 23-24 lbs. with the alky kit. Or a bigger turbo. Or Do You Like The Quick Spoolup Of The 70? Thanx....

good kill. gotta put those f-bodies back in their place from time to time... they get to thinking they are pretty bad ass sometimes! :)

Back