You can type here any text you want

GN vs. Porsche Carrera

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
holy cow this is by far the only race i have encountered on the highway that the other car made me work REALLY hard...

i just got home from chicago and I was just about home when up ahead i see this pair of tailights take off REALLY fast at a stoplight...i was like excellent someone worthy of playing...

so i boost it up a little bit to catch up with him...i noticed i wasn't gaining much so i boosted more up to 90 mph just to catch him up ahead!:eek: i finally catch up to him and he's slowing down and i pass along side of him slowly then i get in front of him...well he knew it was on when i did that...so then he switches lanes really fast and gets beside me...he floors it shooting like a rocket past me but i didn't give chase because there was a stoplight up ahead (another car was blocking his lane)...

anyways i get right behind him and i see the back of the car says Carrera and he has paper plates...so from a dead stop he weaves through traffic really fast and i had my car about 3/4 throttle trying to keep up (tires broke loose at 35 mph and i went sideways for a bit)...when the lanes opened up we were at 70 mph him still RIGHT in front of me and then i see he nails it so i nailed it to the floor and hoped for the best...we were going around a pretty decent curve at around 110 and i was keeping up with him pretty good but then i let off because my radar beeped and plus i was scared i was gonna loose control around the curve:eek: yeah never take a GN around curves at that speed

i get the hint that this guy isn't playing fair and he just stays in the throttle and doesn't let me get along side of him in a straight line...he just keeps going faster and faster and he wasn't any slower than 75 mph anywhere (i guess he thinks he will lose if he goes from a slower roll) i bet if i would have had that opportunity i would have got him...he turned off and i flashed my brights at him saying good race...

it was 34 degrees outside...running 27 psi of boost in 1st gear, 25 in the rest...and i used about a half tank of alcohol in the process:D

so how fast is this Carrera??? i am familiar with the 911 turbo and boxster...but what is the carrera? is it turbo as well? whatever it was it was FAST:eek:

Dam i was hoping for a better race!! They have 320hp. Any way good race.

well this thing looked like it probably weighed 2500 lbs so i can understand why it was so fast:rolleyes:

Too bad he was scared!:D I had a go at an '03 911 which is rated at 320hp, it was pretty peppy. Needless to say I walked him twice. He was impressed. It is always nice to talk to your challenger, instead of him turning off at the first intersection.

Originally posted by The Don
aren't they naterally aspirated? are they 6's

Yes they are! Good horsepower considering they are a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder.

yes, the vaunted porsche. I had a chance to play w/ a 911 tt, I think 99-2000 model, 400hp. I was in front of him at a light, I knew he wanted some seeing he went thru so much work to catch up to me at a light. LIght turned green and I took off about half throttle to see if he would bite. He did, he must of bobbled the lauch slightly as i saw his nose dip for a quick sec. but he was up and going again quickly. But he did not get any Buick a$$ that day. But I got a taste of some german a$$ and it was exquisite. Cool thing about that race was I had been tryint to get that race for a year w/ that cat and my buddy was watchin this race in his expedition w/ his wife and kids. BTW he lost by 2 car lenghts w/ me having a pass.

Yes i beat him. Of course if it had been a highway kick match i prolly would have came out the loser. They do have gobs of top end. Anything in the 1/4 mi and he is owned. I have a stock block 3.8,home ported heads, esp cam st.3, gt61 turbo, powerstroke fmic, and of course all the other basic mods. That was on 17 lbs of boost w/ a pass. ;)

Back