You can type here any text you want

gn1 14 bolts heads,are they a great head?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
Looking to buy a set of gn1 14 bolt heads that are fully port with flow sheets. Price is good but i don't know how old these are. I am going to build a stage 1 4.1l soon and want to know if these are a good choice and to know if there is any issues with the heads. Thanks. :confused: :D :D

Good heads for your application-if they have the champion gn-1 stampings on the front of the head-its the new version- no problems that i ve heard about, if the stamping is on the side- first version that had a couple reports of cracking that i think champion would fix.

If you are going to use them in a high HP application, using all 14 bolts, I would recommend the newest casting, with the stamping on the front of the head.

Stamping is on the side of the head. And i only have a 8 bolt block. Why do you say use the ones with the stamping on the front?

boostingbuick said:
Stamping is on the side of the head. And i only have a 8 bolt block. Why do you say use the ones with the stamping on the front?

You said they were 14 bolt heads, using them on a stage 1 block, aren't you using the 14 bolt holes on the block? If so, and as I said before, if you are planning on making big power on a stage motor, then the new casting are better. If you are only using 8 bolts then, buy em.. :)

A stage 1 block only came setup for 8 bolt heads, But you can have the other 6 bolt holes drilled and tapped.This is definetly a highly recommened procedure,Take advantage of the blocks abilty to have 14 bolts holding each head down.As far as the heads with the stamping on the front of the head,these are the latest,thickest GN1 castings available.

Back