You can type here any text you want

GN1 performance intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8urV8

Well finally down to the last piece of this project(FMIC).Does any body have any input on the front mount from gn1performance.It looks good for the price but is anyone running it yet?My first choice is the PTE FMIC,still looking for one at a good price.Any info will be helpful.

Solid intercooler and very well built. I guarantee you will be happy with it. PLus the fit is good and its is well compared to the RJC. Good luck!

Search and you will find the pic of one with the end tank blowed out:eek:

I am a dealer for them and also running the Super Extreme one and more than happy with it. Perfect fit and consistantly running 24 lbs of boost with it. Don't worry about the naysayers, it is a nice piece.:D

Front Mount Intercoolers

I ran one for years with no problems. Fit was perfect, performance was good. The only things I didn't like were the steel pipes and the cheap hose clamps that came with it. I ended up buying a t-bolt clamp set. I ran 30psi boost with no problems.

I am a dealer for them and also running the Super Extreme one and more than happy with it. Perfect fit and consistantly running 24 lbs of boost with it. Don't worry about the naysayers, it is a nice piece.:D

Front Mount Intercoolers

All the naysayers are the ones that have not own one of these FMIC or has heard 1 story from a friend of a friend who had a friend who bought an ebay intercooler for $55 and was surprised when it blew up running 35psi boost!:biggrin: Either that or they want you to support our vendors so they want you to buy from them. Hey the economy is tough right now and you need to worry about you and your fam. Either way you go, its a good choice. I was trying to decide between the RJC, Cottons and Archies unit, but after seeing Archies unit, it was no comparrison. For the price, you cant beat it! But RJC and Cottons are also awesome units.

Here's a question that may not get an answer. Where is it manufactured?

Here's a question that may not get an answer. Where is it manufactured?

This is the reason I took mine off and sold it. I have gotten rid of anything on my car that was not made in the USA. The quality was good, and the price was right, but I would rather have my dollars keeping Americans at work making higher quality pieces.

Archie is in the business of putting well known vendors out of business by copying the pieces that our they researched and developed, then he sents it to china to be made very cheap, then he turns around and sells for a 400% profit and at a cheaper price than what our known vendors sale thier units and you cant compete with that, I have seen it with my own eyes, he even asked me at one point to take my original RJC intercooler off so he could have it copied in china and but I said NO, I am sure he got someone else to do it for him.. :(, I buy nothing but american stuff for my car and will keep doing so..

Archie is in the business of putting well known vendors out of business by copying the pieces that our they researched and developed, then he sents it to china to be made very cheap, then he turns around and sells for a 400% profit and at a cheaper price than what our known vendors sale thier units and you cant compete with that, I have seen it with my own eyes, he even asked me at one point to take my original RJC intercooler off so he could have it copied in china and but I said NO, I am sure he got someone else to do it for him.. :(, I buy nothing but american stuff for my car and will keep doing so..

:eek:

If you guys hate China so much you better throw out your computer. :eek:

The majority of the parts for the big 3 are manufactured in china, the same place as the Japanese, Korean, and even the German manufactures parts are made. The problem with this country is that we are all a bunch of hypocrites including myself. I would like to see a survey of board members who don't buy there day to day essentials at wall mart or target were nearly 90% of the products made come from china. You have to look at yourself and realize that your part of the problem and that buying only US automobiles isn't going to solve it.

I love how any thread involving the word INTERCOOLER or DOWNPIPE ends up in a bashfest.:smile:

I support products made in the USA by americans whenever posible. I ALLWAYS look at labels to see where they are made, also I have NEVER stepped foot in a wall-mart in my 40 year old life.I could go on and on about the poltical facts of why this forein junk is in our country but I wont.Just compare ANYTHING made in china to something made in USA and even a greedy vender will see the difference.Sure the american product will cost you more, but the person making it must make a decent buck to support his/her family not to mention health insurane for their family, how much pay /healthcare does that forein person get? SUPPORT AMERICA ,BUY AMERICAN!!

This is the reason I took mine off and sold it. I have gotten rid of anything on my car that was not made in the USA. The quality was good, and the price was right, but I would rather have my dollars keeping Americans at work making higher quality pieces.

Im all for supporting our Country, sh1t I served 8 years in the Corps with 3 combat tours so Im pretty sure I need not be lectured about the US, but look at EVERYTHING you buy before you even start. 90% of the stuff in your home is made abroad, 85% probably from China. And why, because companies started here, in the US find it cheapier to make their products overseas because YOU, the American worker want top $$$$ for building the same crap over seas. And I know when most of you guys go shopping, you buy the least expensive thing you could afford while still getting some sort of quality. If 5-10% of the I/C Archie sells where blowing up due to poor materials or workmanship, people would buy from others. But thats America, build it the cheapiest and Maximize proffit.

Okay guys I was just asking about the intercooler,and didn't want this to political.But figured that it would on who makes the actual cooler.

Im all for supporting our Country, sh1t I served 8 years in the Corps with 3 combat tours so Im pretty sure I need not be lectured about the US, but look at EVERYTHING you buy before you even start. 90% of the stuff in your home is made abroad, 85% probably from China. And why, because companies started here, in the US find it cheapier to make their products overseas because YOU, the American worker want top $$$$ for building the same crap over seas. And I know when most of you guys go shopping, you buy the least expensive thing you could afford while still getting some sort of quality. If 5-10% of the I/C Archie sells where blowing up due to poor materials or workmanship, people would buy from others. But thats America, build it the cheapiest and Maximize proffit.

Well said! And thanks for serving!

I like Chinese food :rolleyes: but I will tell you ...their beer sucks:D
now on the subject , I like to try things just for the hell of it ,my ebay china intercooler fit/worked ok' , china headers sucked :mad: looked good , fit bad and broke/cracked in couple of months , GN1 external DP fit was poor at the turbo and I had boost control issues at first but you know Archie will do anything to make you happy so.....I would buy from him again ......but at the end I need to say this ,of all the FM intercoolers I have tried so far ,I give high five to precision for overall score period:)

I also look at labels on everything I buy and whenever possible buy American made products. Even if I pay 2-3 times more money, I have never been sorry when I bought the best. Like you said, it is unfortunate that so many American companies have become so greedy and so focused on their bottom line that they outsource things to China. It has been my experience that almost nothing of quality comes out of China.

Back