You can type here any text you want

gn1 slic hitting steering arm.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Don't know what to tell you other than get it on a lift, and shim it or bend the brackets or whatever you can do to make absolutely sure it is perfectly centered and doesn't move. At all. You should be able to almost hang from it. I had to shim my driver side bracket off the block with some washers to get it centered, level, and off the fan.

I just put mine in last week. Mine only hits the IC right before my tires hit my swaybar or the frame (275mm fronts on 9.5" rims). I can see where it would be annoying on a car with more stock friendly wheel and tire sizes.

The proper fix would be to scallop the tanks in the spot where they hit to make room. It doesn't need much. If they were steel tank, you could whack them with a hammer, but I'd be afraid the aluminum will crack.

was thinking of doing it to the arm grind a grove into it .think it will weaken it?

was thinking of doing it to the arm grind a grove into it .think it will weaken it?

Yes, and not just from material removal. The heat from the grinding will weaken it, too.

TurboBuRick's on to something. What shape are your mounts in? If you haven't touched them in a year or five, they're probably shot already. Get the HRPartsNStuff mounts and fuggetaboutit.

here you go .thanks

Attachments

• 20180529_214846.jpg
    20180529_214846.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Looks like mine.

If you shim it further forward, away from the engine, you can make more room.

I had it so much forward that it hit the frame . still hit the intercooler then try to shim it toward the passenger side too but lining it up with the turbo inlet just makes it to far off then it already was.

wow how much will those mounts move the motor ?

They'll put it back where it's supposed to be, and it'll never move again. Depending on the condition of yours, it could raise the engine a half inch, but where it really gets fun is when you put your foot in it.

It is entirely possible the IC is hitting the arm with the wheel straight. You punch it, the engine rocks over on those squishy (or broken) mounts and the IC will swing around the crank axis and hit the arm. My external gate would smack the A/C lines on the passenger side before I put the HR mounts on. That was like six inches of movement, and that was with brand new rubber mounts.

It's one of those, "Before you start making changes, make sure the foundation is sound" things. When clearances get tight with things like larger intercoolers, you have to be sure everything is where it's supposed to be or you can get interference.

Back