You can type here any text you want

GN1s and roller 218-212 cam on a stock shortblock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
i recently pulled the stock heads and 212 212 cam off my 109 motor...come to find out that the .030 over engine in my regal was a stock shorty.

my question is how far will the stock block last and what rpm can i realisitly turn? id like to get near 5800-6000 rpm but im not sure how safe that is. thoughts?

If you want to push the limits of the stock shortblock put in a good dual fed external regulated fuel system. Ive hurt several engines in the past stock shortblocks and steel rotaters with girdles leaning out the left bank with stock style feeds and regulators. The fuel feeds are unpredictable as to how far you can go car to car. The stock short block will go into the 9's with the right combo. I would have probably left the 212 in there if it was 110ls and just advanced it some to get the most out of it. You shouldnt need to be over 5800 if you are running it under 135mph. Get tall slicks. If you dont have a good converter id get one before you try and get anything out of the stock bottom end.

Back